176 suspened?

Hi

I have just read the suspension on the 176 Visa. I am very worried. I am hoping my occupation as 2222-13 - Sales Representative [information and Communication Products) does not fall off the list.

I am waiting for a result from Vetassee.

Does anybody know if this might stay on the list?

Thank you

Hi

I have just read the suspension on the 176 Visa. I am very worried. I am hoping my occupation as 2222-13 - Sales Representative [information and Communication Products) does not fall off the list.

I am waiting for a result from Vetassee.

Does anybody know if this might stay on the list?

Thank you

No one knows what the new SOL list will contain. Do not look at the tentative list because the final may be entirely different. Is your profession in any of the States' lists ? On 7th May at around 3 to 4 pm Australia time, there was a notice on the Immi site informing everyone of the suspension that was to happen effective 8th May, 2010 till 30th Jun, 201. Many managed to get their applications through but unfortunately some did not.

Guest harters

Does anyone know what the timescales are now for a 176....my agent has told me that it could be 2012 until I get a CO:arghh:

Thanks

Guest Spindy

I have posted on the migration bit today that I read on the DIAC that it will take 3 years to process skills that are on the SOL boo hoo and I also read that the CSL is being scrapped. So I am very confused as I was waiting for 2 lists.....not just one.

Guest harters

By the time I get over I'll be getting ready to retire :chatterbox: I really do hope that it's not going to take that long. What makes it even worse is that I had a look at the jobs on Linkme and there are loads that I could apply for, a friend of mine runs a recruitment consultancy in Perth and they've got loads of jobs to fill.....

On the up side the IT market in the UK has picked up but I don't want to be there. At least I'm going back to Perth for another holiday but I'd rather stay.

:idea: If we all hold our breath and throw ourselves on the floor in a tantrum do you think the Senator will change his mind......

By the time I get over I'll be getting ready to retire :chatterbox: I really do hope that it's not going to take that long. What makes it even worse is that I had a look at the jobs on Linkme and there are loads that I could apply for, a friend of mine runs a recruitment consultancy in Perth and they've got loads of jobs to fill.....

On the up side the IT market in the UK has picked up but I don't want to be there. At least I'm going back to Perth for another holiday but I'd rather stay.

:idea: If we all hold our breath and throw ourselves on the floor in a tantrum do you think the Senator will change his mind......

Sorry but if you are going to Perth for a holiday and have a friend in recruiting there why aren't you also trying to speak to potential employers about a job and employer sponsorship when you are there on holiday? That would be an ideal opportunity for you to move to the top of the priorities in processing.

Guest Gollywobbler
Does anyone know what the timescales are now for a 176....my agent has told me that it could be 2012 until I get a CO:arghh:

Thanks

Hi Harters

Yes, it could be ages before your visa application is processed, unfortunately. The reason is because DIAC have a huge backlog of about 140,000 GSM visas applications when they only expect to be able to grant abuot 40,000 GSM visas to main applicants each year.

What is your occupation, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest harters

Long story..been there..done that..felt the pain and didn't like it. If that's going to be the only option then I'll try it again.

Hi Gill

IT Project Manager...it's on the WA list...

Guest Gollywobbler
Sorry but if you are going to Perth for a holiday and have a friend in recruiting there why aren't you also trying to speak to potential employers about a job and employer sponsorship when you are there on holiday? That would be an ideal opportunity for you to move to the top of the priorities in processing.

Hi Briggs

Melbournegirlinny is absolutely right. I'd go all out to find an employer-sponsor in Perth if I were you.

Cheers

Gill

Archived