ExPat Mortgages

Hi Sharon,

Currently some UK lenders will offer up to 90% if you intend to return and move into the property immediately. The LTV will depend on other factors including income, Job etc.

Sherrie.

Is anybody in the UK offering 95% mortgages yet as we used all our equity settling in australia, and now have to start from scratch when we move to the UK in September.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Hi, Have just joined forum and noted your mentioning guy who was helpiong you last year with home purchase (Expat Loan). How did the purchase go and how did you find him with regards to dealing with? :biggrin:

Hello, welcome to Poms in Oz! I actually had no joy with the expat mortgage because they only reasonable lender was Halifax and my current mortgage is with them, unfortunately their policy will only allow 1 mortgage, so was no good for me.

Im heading back to he UK to live on Monday, so I guess I will just have to wait a little longer before we can move house now...

Good luck with the whole process!

• 4 years later...
Hi,

If you're returning to the UK the choice of UK lenders will increase, as should the LTV. Many mainstream UK lenders willinsist on being resident the UK for 6 months plus, but some will consider lending for immediate purchase on your return. If you need more information please let me know.

Hi,

I am looking to get a UK mortgage from Aus with an immediate return.

Could you send me some information?

Kind Regards

Hi, could you send me some info?

Kind Regards

Hi Sharon,

Currently some UK lenders will offer up to 90% if you intend to return and move into the property immediately. The LTV will depend on other factors including income, Job etc.

Sherrie.

Archived