Waq

Any ideas about the time DIAC is taking to process for 175 CSL applicants from High Risk countries!

Mine is:

Online application submitted: May 2009

Medicals done: June 2009

Case Officer appointed: September 2009

Current status: as of September 2009 (all docs still appear to be requied, while they have been submitted in May 2009)

I have written to DIAC and to the CO, been told that my application is in process as a CSL application, but surprisingly nothing is moving!!!

Just write to case officer and inquire if they need further information or documents to finalize your case.

Your medicals are also about to expire, why you have done the medicals so early. There are plenty of CSL cases of Jan-Feb 2009 which are still not finalized, so no need to panic. I know this waiting game is killing, but applicants have no choice.

Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply, I was asked to do the meds. I think on the online portal. I have written and been told that nothing is required right now, my case is under internal checking.....the case officer is following up on it......

As I have seen CSL cases being finalized in a few weeks time......so that worried me...if something was wrong....but according to the gsm team they are working on it.

Hi Waq,

Just wondering what your occupation is, because as an accountant, I had to do the IELTS to be classed as CSL, so just checking its not that.

My timeline was similar to yours, applied as CSL in May 2009, granted Oct 2009.

Shaz

I was not asked by the Case officer, there was a system generated message that I sould have my medical done. And accordingly the medical centre was given my particulars or something, as they identified me by my TRN or passport no. I mean they checked at their end and then gave me an appointment (that is how it seemed). But no question about it, there was an online prompt for the meds, right after I applied. And btw I submitted all my docs at the time of application.

My occupation is Accountant (positive skills assessement) , with IELTS of 8.0 (IELTS was even done at the time of application), and in the recent reply to queries, the dept has confirmed that my case was being processed as a CSL case.

Yes that why didn't do the Police checks, as that form was not made available to me. Ok now I remember, I was made available the medical forms with my name, passport number, trn etc printed on it. That why i did it. Its been a long time!

My occupation is Accountant (positive skills assessement) , with IELTS of 8.0 (IELTS was even done at the time of application), and in the recent reply to queries, the dept has confirmed that my case was being processed as a CSL case.

Oh that's good that they have confirmed that you are CSL then, as I do know of some applicants who had somehow slipped through the net and had not been flagged as CSL even though they had done their IELTS.

With regards the medicals, as far as I believe, the form is always there, but you are not required to go for meds until the case officer requests you do so, usually by email. As soon as I got my TRN no from my agent, I looked online and did see the medical form. The police check you have to send away for so that is why its not there.

But good luck, I hope you get a grant soon to save you having to do the meds again. They might take that into account when prioritising cases.

Shaz

Sounds like a visa grant is imminent. When I saw the finalised status, I checked again the next day and it was 'applicant approved'.

For the other checks, perhaps the x-rays were referred, but as the overall health requirement says finalised, perhaps they just have not updated after finalising the x-rays.

Fingers crossed for you,

No I've not, and have not been asked to....should i still do it. (btw all the documents i submitted at the time of application still display the status of "Required"). Should I still do it?

I recommend, get your PCC done and upload them and send to the case officer through e-mail attachment as well. You never know, you might get visa grant very next day, depending if all the other requirements are complete.

Don't worry about the document status, as lazy case officer's don't bother to update. Most of the time the applicant gets the visa and the status still show required. It doesn't make any difference.

Archived