Hi everyone

Guest Hammer

Guest Hammer

Hi everyone,

Thought we'd introduce ourselves, I'm Keith and my OH is Nicki, we're both 45 and we both moving probably to coloundra, near frazer island next summer. We got our Visa, ind skills (i'm a sparky), in april but youngest daughter finishes school next year. we're going with our 4 kids James 21, Oliver 19, Emily 17 and Poppy 15. We can't wait to go but will have to keep ourselves drugged up on things like PomsinOz. Just wished we had found this site last year when we started our application. It's such a great site and evrybody seems really great with everyone else, like a proper little community. We live in Wickford, Essex and would love to go to some of the meets. icon10.gif Also if there is anyone out there in Oz near where we want to live that can give us a run down on living in them there parts, it would be brilliant!!! We've been to Oz for a couple of months but its hard to judge some where live on holiday, Cos we travelled around a bit everywhere seemed really nice!

:twitcy:Going to work over here for the next year is going to be a right mare! You know like the last week before you go on holiday? Still got a couple of weeks in Oz to look forward to, to get our Visa's stamped. Although it's costing an arm and leg for all 6 of us to do it. Oh well ,i'd have given me right arm for the visa before we got it, so i can't moan. Better sign off before i bore you silly.

:SLEEP:Nice to meet you all, Hammer

Guest carolinejane

Hi there. We are hoping to be in oz for good in August. We have been a couple of times the last time this march to validate our visas and re-confirm the area we had chosen. We will be living not too far from you guys. We did pass through but did not stop we were on the way somewhere so sorry cant help with your particular area. Like you guys we found everywhere we visited nice. No faults with any. You simply have to find the right place to suit you and your families requirements. I want to live in a community where i can quickly (hopefully) make some new friends. My children are 10 and 7 so i am hoping schools will help me get a step on the way. We are planning on living in kawana island which is near mooloolaba (5 mins by car) i love it at mooloolaba. We will initially rent in Buderim or mountain creek. Well as long as we can find a rental that will take our two dogs. My partner is a plumber and 41 i am a secretary and 34. We have some friends of smiliar age who is also a sparky but will be living closer to the city. I hope your trip goes well, i think life in Australia will always be holiday mode, we tried not to look at it like that and spent two weeks house hunting, a wekk looking at schools all the boring stuff and it still felt great. Let us know how you get on. Good luck

Guest Rachel&Stu

Hiya Keith, Nicki and kids:spinny:

Great post! Can identify with you having to wait until next year to go as my 17yo daughter is in the middle of her A levels, and we cannot go until next year when she's sat the exams! Like you, we're chomping at the bit lol:twitcy:and could be on that plane in 2 weeks' time if we didn't have to wait. My daughter BTW is so much more sensible than I am. "Yes mum" she said "of course I should finish my A levels before we go". How grown up is that lol!!

Look forward to reading more of your posts:yes:

Cheers,

Rachel x

Guest Davidgolf

Hi welcome to PIO be very careful you will be unable to resist logging on everyday hahahaha:biglaugh:

sharon

Hi Hammer

My OH and son are hammers fans too, the other son Man Utd! Outcast he is LOL

I'm originally from Chingford but all my school days were in Wickford at Bromfords School, don't tell me you went to Beauchamps (lol) , my OH went to Beauchamps!

In fact I got to go to Wickford tonight to take my boys Karate!

Gd luck with the move, your so lucky to have that visa we still got TRA to do!

Keep in touch

Guest KP Nuts

Hi Hammer, welcome to the site, just to let you know there is going to be a meet in Essex, in July at the Halfway House, on the 127. just waiting for the date and time to be confirmed, keep an eye on the thread "any meets in essex".

Good luck with your process.

KP Nuts

Guest clayton gang
Hi everyone,

Thought we'd introduce ourselves, I'm Keith and my OH is Nicki, we're both 45 and we both moving probably to coloundra, near frazer island next summer. We got our Visa, ind skills (i'm a sparky), in april but youngest daughter finishes school next year. we're going with our 4 kids James 21, Oliver 19, Emily 17 and Poppy 15. We can't wait to go but will have to keep ourselves drugged up on things like PomsinOz. Just wished we had found this site last year when we started our application. It's such a great site and evrybody seems really great with everyone else, like a proper

Hi

Welcome to PIO. We are also going next year after our youngest finishes A levels. I know what you mean about paying for 6. We also have 4 children.

Good luck with everything

Jenny :jiggy:

Guest Hammer

Thanks everyone,

KPNuts yeah we'd love to go to meet will keep our eye out. KDAL...no did'nt go to beauchamps, all kids did and daughters still there. I was brought up in East Ham. When you get your TRA get 2 signed copies of everything as you may need them again depending if you need an ARTC or/and LIcence when your in OZ. You may know that already. We were lucky and new someone who worked in a solicitors so got them signed for next to nothing, but it can cost you a few quid otherwise but worth it for the agro later.

keep us imformed.

Archived