More volcanic ash shuts down Irish airports today

kernow43

Guest Rob c
Volcanic ash cloud shuts down Irish airspace

Flights in and out of Ireland will be grounded for six hours on Tuesday as the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud returns, air chiefs confirmed.

Hope it's not another bad eruption.

Volcanic ash cloud shuts down Irish airspace - Telegraph

So far its only affecting the NW,W and SW of Ireland , East coast flights to the UK and Europe should not be affected, i got stuck in Spain for an extra week 2 weeks ago yeahhhhhhhh i was not complaining :jiggy:

Guest proud2beaussie

From Travelweekly.

All flights to and from Irish airports will be grounded from 7am to 1pm tomorrow (Tuesday) as the Icelandic volcanic ash cloud looks set to cause more disruption.

The Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) said it would impose the restrictions on flights as Ireland falls within an area where ash concentrations are predicted to exceed aircraft tolerance levels.

A new cloud of volcanic ash is being pushed south by north-easterly winds, but it is believed to be much smaller than the one which grounded virtually all flights in the UK for six days last month.

The new flight ban has also affected Scotland's Outer Hebrides, but the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is quoted as saying there will be no other restrictions in UK airspace before 6am on Tuesday.

The CAA will continue to review the situation overnight, and the IAA said it too would review the situation tomorrow morning before posting an update at 9am.

Guest Rob c
From Travelweekly.

oh its more serious than i thought, BBC said about an hour ago that flights from DUB to all UK and Europe would be fine, only the NW, W and SW would be affected.

I wont be able to get the sheep off Knocknara!! :laugh:

Archived