Renting out UK home .... good or bad idea?

Guest Granada

It could be a risky move to sell a house in the UK now and buy a new house in australia.

There are some who believe Australian property is heading for a fall.

I'm no expert and don't have a view on the direction of Australian property prices, but it could be disasterous to sell at a historically low price in UK, convert at a low exchange rate and then buy a house in Australia at what might prove to be the top of the market.

Renting in Australia could also be a good move for 12 months or so to see the direction of the Australian economy and house prices, before buying your new home.

I think your right Parleycross - it is just that prices are so expensive to rent - it does not help I guess being that we are moving to Sydney

It could be a risky move to sell a house in the UK now and buy a new house in australia.

I'm no expert and don't have a view on the direction of Australian property prices, but it could be disasterous to sell at a historically low price in UK, convert at a low exchange rate and then buy a house in Australia at what might prove to be the top of the market.

Renting in Australia could also be a good move for 12 months or so to see the direction of the Australian economy and house prices, before buying your new home.

Guest Granada

Beautifully explained :biggrin:

Well the deed is done. We have a 12 month fully managed rental to a young couple expecting their first baby so they are looking long term.

The husband actually works with my next door neighbour ( who also have just had their first baby) so it all seems perfect .... we shall see.

All the checks are done, house repainted and movers coming in 2 weeks .... three weeks today we will have enjoyed a break in Singapore and have arrived in Brisbane !

Just got to keep fingers crossed that the dogs 2nd blood test comes back clear and then we will be happy ...... its a rocky old road :eek:

Good Luck Everyone

Jen x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest girlwizz99
Thanks very much girlwizz99 - If I have any other questions would you mind me sending you a PM in the future?

sorry, just saw that. of course not... I will answer any questions if I can..

Archived