Interview tips for pharmacy assistant job?

Guest LynzLove

Guest LynzLove

Hey everyone.

About an hour ago I dropped my resume off at a pharmacy here which had a position going for a 'casual pharmacy assistant'

I am turning 22 next week, and have never had any training or experience as a pharmacy assistant, however I have been interested in taking a course to be trained as one, and seeing as this position appears to have on-site training, and I have experience in retail which seems to be a big part of what the assistants do there (They sell make up and stuff too) I brought in my resume for them to take a look at just in case.

Anyhow, I think I might actually be in for a chance at getting to an interview in the next few days! I just was told that I would recieve a call arranging an interview, so I am not sure if that is because they are interviewing everyone, or they actually like me from first impressions.

I REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW THEY MIGHT INTERVIEW ME!

• What kinds of questions do they ask pharmacy assistants? How could I answer them?
  • What kinds of qualities are good for a pharmacy assistant to have??
  • What kind of questions can I ask THEM when they ask if I have any questions?
  • Is there a certain dress code for this kind of interview (Blouse & black skirt?)

Basically, ANYTHING that could possibly help me in any way to get this job!

It is the first job I have applied for since getting my T.F.N and I am terrified! I really hate interviews and freeze up in them - I could do with any piece of information, advice or help that I can possibly get! If anybody can give me even the tiniest snippet of advice it would be SO appreciated!

Thanks everyone!

:hug:

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest coffeechaser311

Knowing exactly what to say during the interview can win you positive points to a potential employer. Take a look at some of the things that you should say to your interviewer:

1. I have done my research about your company. Telling the hiring officer that you have done your homework to know more about the company shows your genuine interest in the job and your initiative to learn.

2. I am flexible and work well with a team. Hiring officers are looking for potential candidates who are a pleasure to work with. When asked if you are a team player, don’t just say yes.

3. I am an optimistic person. Employers are looking for workers who have a positive outlook.

4. I am determined to succeed. What you lack in experience, you can make up with motivation. Since this will be your first job, you may not have the experience like other job seekers.

5. My personal goal is to enhance my skills and experience in this field. Employers are looking for people who have a potential to grow with their company.

Archived