best british shop in perth

Guest piglet61

Guest piglet61

if your missing some things from back home then visit UK CENTRAL in Joondalup. This shop is great. It has a good range of groceries, sweets, lots of specials & clearances. Theres also football gear, books, souvenirs and best of all brand name lingerie, ladies nightwear, kids pyjamas etc all imported direct from UK. Apparently a new website is being put together so you'll be able to order online in the near future. It's a real trip down memory lane.

Guest The Pom Queen

And I don't suppose you work there:wink:

$27.70 for a bottle of HP sauce seems steep when I can get it in Coles for $5.

Guest piglet61

you can also get british groceries in IGA & Woolies, you cant get crisps, books, lingerie etc tho, and this guys prices are cheaper, on the whole, than the supermarkets :smile:

Guest piglet61

lol.... no i dont work there... just found the shop.... have seen the website and asked about it its in the process of being redone... yeah $27.70 is a rip off but the actual price is $5.65

Guest The Pom Queen
lol.... no i dont work there... just found the shop.... have seen the website and asked about it its in the process of being redone... yeah $27.70 is a rip off but the actual price is $5.65

Hi Piglet, I suggest you trot off and check the price on the website, it is definately $27.70 for 1 bottle of HP Sauce, now unless you know something that a regular member of the public doesn't......:wink:

Guest proud2beaussie

$27.70 for a bottle of HP I can get a Coles for $3.97? I could have sworn that April Fools day was about 4 weeks ago,but maybe I was wrong.

Guest siamsusie

Hi Piglet, I suggest you trot off and check the price on the website, it is definately $27.70 for 1 bottle of HP Sauce, now unless you know something that a regular member of the public doesn't......:wink:
The teabags are about 15 pounds something.... must be reusable bags and refillable sauce:laugh:

Guest piglet61

lol... just checked website... it doesn't do anything, can't even send an email... bad advertising..... shops good though :)

Guest siamsusie
lol... just checked website... it doesn't do anything, can't even send an email... bad advertising..... shops good though :)

I remember Piglet wanting desperately a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup, comfort factor. This was in Thailand and I was feeling under the weather $20 for a small tin! It would choke me to pay those prices. Thank goodness most things are obtainable here in Australia, if not you can make it yourself. As for clothing M & S offer a weeks delivery to Oz cant be fairer than that!

Guest piglet61
I remember Piglet wanting desperately a tin of Heinz Tomato Soup, comfort factor. This was in Thailand and I was feeling under the weather $20 for a small tin! It would choke me to pay those prices. Thank goodness most things are obtainable here in Australia, if not you can make it yourself. As for clothing M & S offer a weeks delivery to Oz cant be fairer than that!

no way i'd pay those prices either....

marks do a flat postage rate of 20 quid to aussie so its worth buying a few things at a time and they're pretty good with returns.

the only thing i still buy is the english soap powder, :smile:

Guest siamsusie
no way i'd pay those prices either....

marks do a flat postage rate of 20 quid to aussie so its worth buying a few things at a time and they're pretty good with returns.

the only thing i still buy is the english soap powder, :smile:

Yes I order cashmere sweaters for my husband for 50 quid from M & S, great value and I genuinely cant get them here for the quality or the price. Soap powder I use the environment friendly variety here due to septic tanks and wanting the grey water. Whats the matter with the Australian soap powder lol.

Guest piglet61
Yes I order cashmere sweaters for my husband for 50 quid from M & S, great value and I genuinely cant get them here for the quality or the price. Soap powder I use the environment friendly variety here due to septic tanks and wanting the grey water. Whats the matter with the Australian soap powder lol.

its crap, lol, never seems to get stains out, unless u pre stain before hand & even then that doesnt always help.... especially when u've got teenagers who play sport, & you don't seem to get that lingering smell, u'd think one of the big laundry powder manufacturers would just copy the uk powders... they'd make a fortune....

:smile: can't help it i still swear by Bold, lol

Guest proud2beaussie

Forget him,he's too expensive,I'll do 2 bottles for $15.00 and I'll throw in free postage and free tea bags-can't promise that they will be English tea though.:biggrin::wink:

Guest AndyS

i can do womens lingerie tho. i'll stitch some frills to my boxers, split them up the sides..... tenner a pair :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Guest proud2beaussie
i can do womens lingerie tho. i'll stitch some frills to my boxers, split them up the sides..... tenner a pair :yellow_guy_crazy_ty

Umm,I won't go there.:wideeyed::eek:

Archived