Moving to Sydney alone... eeeek!!

Guest alboheme

Guest alboheme

Hi everybody,

I am 29 from London and will be moving to Sydney in June sometime. I am looking for fun and positive people to meet up with once I arrive, and share all the excitement and some anxiety I guess about this big move.

I will be working at Sydney Children's Hospital so will probably stay somewhere in the Eastern Suburbs initially, as the commute seems ok from there, and being from London, it would be nice to be by the sea!!

If there is anyone else in similar situations pls get in touch and would love to email etc before the move, just to get excited with people who understand. I think if my friends in London hear "its gonna be so cool when I go to Sydney" one more time, they might un-befriend me before I leave!!

Cant wait to hear from any other 'friend-seeker's' out there!!

Alison : )

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nicolena
Hi everybody,

I am 29 from London and will be moving to Sydney in June sometime. I am looking for fun and positive people to meet up with once I arrive, and share all the excitement and some anxiety I guess about this big move.

I will be working at Sydney Children's Hospital so will probably stay somewhere in the Eastern Suburbs initially, as the commute seems ok from there, and being from London, it would be nice to be by the sea!!

If there is anyone else in similar situations pls get in touch and would love to email etc before the move, just to get excited with people who understand. I think if my friends in London hear "its gonna be so cool when I go to Sydney" one more time, they might un-befriend me before I leave!!

Cant wait to hear from any other 'friend-seeker's' out there!!

Alison : )

Hi Alison

Myslef (32) and my hubby (35) also live in the Eastern Suburbs been here since July 2008 moved from London/Essex and still enjoying it so let us know when you arrive in Sydney and we would be up for meeting up.

Nicky

Guest alboheme

Hi Nicky,

will PM you when I know my arrival date etc!! Hoping to be end of June

Looking forward to a cold beer with you guys when Iv made it!!

A x

Hi Alison,

I am 28 from Leeds, and moving to Sydney hopefully around mid july time, it would be great to meet up with some girls that are in the same position when I get there.. I am looking at living in Manly as I want to be by the sea too. I m very very excited.. ! Be a lot happier when I get my visa through though ! ha ha.

One of my friends is actually moving over to Sydney around the same time with her husband, but I am sure as a married couple they dont want a tag along all the time !

Emma

x

Archived