Baby Seats on Planes

Guest mansfiea

Guest mansfiea

Hello Alli,

weve just booked our flights, through expedia, with Singapore Airlines.

For my one year old, it gave me the option of him not haviing a seat, and going on my lap, or, paying for his own seat, but ive to supply a car seat. I obviously wanted the extra seat, so ive paid for that, but does anyone know about the car seat thing, do i just take his normal one from our car, or is there something special out there..... ?? Or do we not really need to take anything ?

If someone out there could help, that would be great.

Thanx

Ang

:notworthy:

Guest thepriceclan

Hi

I'm not sure about that one. I would have thought it was fine to just sit on the normal seat. If they can just normally sit on your lap when you fly, whats the difference? Maybe it has something to do with the seatbelt?

The airline should be able to tell you more info. Hopefully someone on here might have had the same situation.

Sarah.

Guest Davidgolf

Hi Ang

You can take your car seat from your car,you really will need it for when you need feed them and just when they want to sleep, and when you take off and land as we all know they never sit still if you still need help then just phone the airlines they are usually very helpful, good luck

sharon:wubclub:

Guest austibeach

Children under 2 years old usually fly at no cost. The child I believe is usually sat on the parents lap during take off and landing, but there is also usually a cot available in front of the parents seat. I would get onto either Expedia or Singapore Airlines and check out the situation. You may well have paid for a seat you won't need.

Eric.

Guest mansfiea

Hi Eric, i did mean to book the extra seat, I have a 2 year old as well, so didnt fancy having my 16 month old on my lap for all those hours, plus fighting with an " energetic " 2 yr old.

I will contact expedia though, maybe they will help with this car seat query....

Thanks

Ang

Guest austibeach

Ah ! ok, I didn't realise you had two kids. I've never actually noticed the use of childrens seats, so sorry can't help there.

Eric.

Hi

When you phone...ask for the BASENET seat (i think that's how you spell it)... these are the ones at the front on the rows in the bulk head area... they have more room and a fold out table to but a cot on for little ones... they usually use them for people travelling with babies and toddlers...they supply cots but they also have these seats abit like car seats which attach to the fold down tray thing infront of you and keep your 1yr old strapped up for the journey.... you could then put your own car seat in the hold for when you arrive in Oz.

if i were you i would get on the phone to your airline and ask now as these seats go fast!!

hope that helps

min x:wubclub:

Guest gary12

Hi Ange

We too have booked by choice a seat for our baby who will be 19mths old when we travel. We are also going with Singapore and they haven't mentioned anything about taking a car seat. I look forward to hearing the outcome as it would save us a fortune in car hire child seat costs as we are visiting for a little over a month. Does anyone know if you can carry your car seat in addition to your luggage allowance?

thanks Michelle

Archived