Submitting 309 de facto without sponsor's passport details

Guest tino

Hi all,

Got a bit of a sticky situation. My sponsor's passport is currently with the British government as she had to get her visa re-printed in her new Oz passport. They have had it for over 2 months and she doesn't have a copy, so does not know the number, issue/expiry etc.

On the sponsorship application form it asks for these details. We have a copy of birth certificate, so ID is OK. Tried getting the info but she is not even allowed to enquire the status of her visa re-print until its been 3 months :confused: Explained the circumstances but they wouldn't budge (this is the kind of reason I am migrating!).

Does anyone know if we can supply the passport details after submission? The problem is my work require me to start before August, so need to get the app in ASAP. I will be applying with Australia House, London - who were the office that issued my partner's new passport, I was hoping they could just internally verify the info??

Pickles :arghh:

Guest siamsusie
Hi all,

Got a bit of a sticky situation. My sponsor's passport is currently with the British government as she had to get her visa re-printed in her new Oz passport. They have had it for over 2 months and she doesn't have a copy, so does not know the number, issue/expiry etc.

On the sponsorship application form it asks for these details. We have a copy of birth certificate, so ID is OK. Tried getting the info but she is not even allowed to enquire the status of her visa re-print until its been 3 months :confused: Explained the circumstances but they wouldn't budge (this is the kind of reason I am migrating!).

Does anyone know if we can supply the passport details after submission? The problem is my work require me to start before August, so need to get the app in ASAP. I will be applying with Australia House, London - who were the office that issued my partner's new passport, I was hoping they could just internally verify the info??

Pickles :arghh:

Hi Tino, this has happened with an Australian friend of ours in London. I take it Lunar House Croydon are in receipt of the passport. I have always mentally challenged that idea because my main concern was with "what happened if your sponsor needed to leave the country quickly for compassionate reasons" and also I was always under the impression that your passport belonged to your Government, namely Australia and not to be with held by a second party. My thoughts would be for your sponsor to go to Australia House and explain the situation, and hopefully they can with ID issue the passport details or direct you to someone who can help.

Best wishes Susie :wubclub:

Thanks Susie - I just called Oz House and they said they should be able to provide the details if my partner calls up and goes through some security questions :D

Guest siamsusie
Just to confirm, she was able to get the details from Oz House :cute:

Good news Tino! and maybe take a copy of passport and number for safe keeping. Best wishes Susie

Good news Tino! and maybe take a copy of passport and number for safe keeping. Best wishes Susie

:idea: Yes we both feel a bit silly for not doing this before posting it off!!

Archived