are these links correct? I though new list wasn't out till next friday!!

Lucysdream

Critical Skills List refinement affecting British emigration to Australia | Getting Down under

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/news/16-03-2009/immediate-changes-made-to-critical-skills-list-and-australian-visa-processing.aspx

Are the links above true? My partner is a welder and sounds like we are affected by these changes, but I didn't think list was out till friday 30th!!

Guest Guest31881
Critical Skills List refinement affecting British emigration to Australia | Getting Down under

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/news/16-03-2009/immediate-changes-made-to-critical-skills-list-and-australian-visa-processing.aspx

Are the links above true? My partner is a welder and sounds like we are affected by these changes, but I didn't think list was out till friday 30th!!

Have another look at the list, there is a date in top left hand corner, 16/03/2009,

Guest VickyMel

These are on migration agents web pages not DIAC and if you look at the dates on the web pages you will see both are dated March 2009 when the downsized the lists at that time?

It is NOTHING to do with the current changes expected on the 30th

Australian visa applicants should understand that having their occupation removed from the CSL does not affect their eligibility to receive additional points according to the Australian visa points system and qualify for an Australian visa, as this is still determined by the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL). The CSL is only used to determine which visa applicants will receive priority processing upon lodging their application.

Well welders is still on on demand list and others.

Guest Guest31881
I didn't know much about this down sizing business in March? Does that mean things like welders are likely to be removed then if they downsized it?

Lucy, the item you are refering to is last years list 2009. no one knows what will happen this year until the new lists come out.

Guest VickyMel

The links you gave were March 2009 the links are not relevant to anything now that was over a year ago it is now April 2010

The CSL is going completely in June/July - it is separate from the SOL.

I don't think (but I maybe wrong) that MODL even exists anymore???

The SOL is a different list and will also be changed in June/July. This is the list that they are expecting to put out on the 30th April - but it will not come into frce until July.

None of us knows what will or will not be on it until it is out - there is a draft suggestion list out but whether that looks anything like the other list again we don't know.

Australian visa applicants should understand that having their occupation removed from the CSL does not affect their eligibility to receive additional points according to the Australian visa points system and qualify for an Australian visa, as this is still determined by the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL). The CSL is only used to determine which visa applicants will receive priority processing upon lodging their application.

Well welders is still on on demand list and others.

The MODL was revoked without warning on 8th February 2010 and MODL points are no longer available for any GSM applications lodged after that date unless the applicant held or was already eligible for a Skilled—Graduate (subclass 485) visa. Here is the DIAC announcement relating to the revocation of the MODL:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-modl.pdf

Sorry everyone!! My best friend sent me the links via email while I was at work, I told her it was incorrect and about 30th April/July changes. But when she sent me second link i started to panic thinking maybe there was some truth. I saw the date as March and just though it was last month, I know it is 2010 now but I don't know where the pass year has gone so I keep forgetting....!! :goofy:

Archived