whats best 175 or 176 visa

Nick and sez

Hi all, i havent been on for a while, i need some advice, i just about to take my Veatssess practical in May and have half filed out my visa.

hopefully when i pass the practical and get my ref No i will fill the rest out and submit tghe visa.

Like most i am going to be 10 points short of the 120 ans so i have been speaking to people about the 176 SS visa.

what i need to know if anyone can please help me is that should i get my visa on a 175 by the July cut off and then apply for WA 176 SS or should i apply now even though i cannot progress because i have not yet passed my Vetassess.

I am worried that i am running out of time and would gladly take any advice.

Many thanks.

Nick the Plumber.:arghh:

Guest ebstar

We were in the same boat on our permenent visa.Have you thought about doing the ielts test. My OH has just done his so that we can get the 175 in we will then apply for state sponsor and transfer to 176.I dont think you pay any transfer charges and it means your application gets in before the changes.Good luck.

Guest ebstar

The ielts test is run all over the country.All the info is online if you input your area it will list all your local test centres.We picked a few and chose the one with the first available space.It costs about £115 (this is slightly different at some centers)OH was able to do the test a week later.The test is to proove you can read, write speak and listen in English.My OH is dyslexic but felt it went fine.Results should be to you within 13 working days.(It's now day 8 so his results are due any time and all fingers are crossed). It's worth a crack to get your points up.

Archived