Accommodation with Pets

Guest Ashers

Guest Ashers

Hi

My husband and I are moving to New South Wales in approx 8 weeks with our two children and two pets cats. This was not a decision we took lightly however they are very good natured cats who we love dearly and we feel they will make the transition from Scotland to Oz easier on the children.

We are looking for a property to rent for 2 years in or around Newcastle. While there are a lot of lovely houaes I have come across none who say pets are allowed.

Can anyone help, do you know of any website with houses for rent who do allow pets. We would be devastated if the reason they could not come was this.

Ashley Law

Good Luck,

when I read it I thought that it sounded just like us in 18 months! We are in Sunny Scotch land and will be looking to move to Newie in (hopefully) 18 months with 2 kids and 2 cats. Good Luck! Please keep us posted on your progress, I had thought that closer to the time I would speak to one of the Century 21 Vendors and ask them to sort something out for us. Perhaps as it is 2 years you are going for they may be more forgiving, especially as most places are unfurnished.

Good Luck and hope it all goes smoothly for you, with no ash in sight!

S

x

• 1 month later...
Guest migratetomelbourne

Hey check out petfriendlyrentals.com.au, you should find something there.

Unless they say specifically that pets are not allowed, then it is well worth asking. You may need to agree to have the house treated for pest control when you leave and have an extra bond for animal damage, but often owners will say yes.

I would only initially sign a 6 month lease......if you sign for 2 years and end up being really miserable, you are stuck there. You can always sign for a further 6 months after the initial contract if you are happy there.

Love

Rudi

x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there we have only been here for just over 3 weeks, we have two large dogs and we managed to secure a rental last week, They are out there but they do seem to go very quickly, however we did notice rent will be slightly higher, also the houses that are advertised will either say no pets or will say on application, also you will not get a modern house or new build, so as lang as you are not to fussy you should be fine, hope it all goes well for you, good luck x

Archived