Processing ceased

Guest gmac

Guest mackdmello

hi , i am new to this website but i read ur post and i was really interested in asking u, who is that friend and what is his time line and can u give any more information on him , if that is the truth than even i am waiting for the same CAT5 category. it will be really good for everyone of us.

please reply soon, if u can. so i can get hold of my agent and push him to get my thing done.

Thanks

Mack

A friend of mine was granted a visa last week, he is state sponsored not CSL I think is Cat 5.

Cheers

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"This will provide improved client service delivery through the provision of a direct email channel between clients and their case officers. The effective date for the restructure in Adelaide is Monday 3 May 2010. Further information and correct contact channels will be provided shortly".

Roll on Monday 3 May 2010. Let's hope DIAC deliver further information and correct contact channels soon.

I consider it appropriate that once you have paid your application fee you should have an officer at DIAC with whom you can communicate if necessary.

Cheers

gmac

Hello Tony

Why are you using this thread, which is not even about the agents who find jobs for people, to promote your services, please?

Also, why are you making such a fuss about it when Jamie Smith of Hire-A-Migrant very rarely even talks about what he is able to do, please? Are times hard for you at the moment or something?

I note that you have said that you can get people out of going through the Vetassess process. How can you do that, please, when they may not want an RSMS visa offered by an employer in the Backofbeyondup but they do insist on PR in Oz from Day One?

Do you spell out to them - before you take a dime of their money - that if they want to get out of Vetassess then the chances are overwhelmingly high that you will only be able to secure a temporary subclass 457 visa for the person, with all the risks, uncertainty and school fees that that might entail?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

I have been registered with this site for a couple of years now. I dip in every now and again to get a feel for the problems people are facing. I find generally this website promotes responses from some people who are qualified to respond and some from people who should not respond as it could be misread as accurate advice; the postings from the later group along with your comment questioning the state of my business and promoting another business caused me to use my right to reply.

I recently received an email from a potential client who expressed a concern that, having looked on the Pomsinoz forum, he could not find anyone with a good word to say about me and my service. Having looked at the comments about me I realised that although there were only a few threads relating to me and no one was actually rude, they were some comments from people who either had never spoken to me or those who had expressed a negative opinion about their particular experiences; incidentally there was only one person who felt I had not yet delivered so I resolved his issues immediately.

Realising that my clients were now in Australia living their dream and it was most unlikely they would post to this website, I felt I needed to explain what I do and how I can help people. Also there were some aspects of my service which were taken out of context.

It was not and is not my intention to blatantly advertise, however there are very few services based in the UK that have my connections or ability to speed up the process of migrating to Australia. Or to quote a former client, Darren Curry, who said 'thank you Tony for being better than you said you were' Darren is now in Australia.

My service is not suitable for everyone, but if you want to try to speed up the migration process and arrive in Australia with a job a bank account your furniture delivered to the property we helped you find, having met you at the airport ; plus help you recover some of your costs of shipping flights accommodation and car hire then we are here to help. Yes we charge a fee but that's business.

Turning to Vetassess and RSMS. There is a misconception about RSMS the R stands for Regional not Remote, very few people would have considered RSMS because it requires a job to support the visa application. Not one of my clients is forced to accept a job; they are paying for my help so unless they want to migrate to Wagga Wagga, where two of my clients have moved to, I always look to find them employment in a location close to the coast, close to cities (where RSMS is applicable) to help them live their dream.

Vetassess is an important process to stop people arriving in Australia without the skill they say they have. There are cases where Vetassess is unnecessary to obtain a sponsored visa. Each client is advised to speak to a migration agent, as we are not qualified to advise them. We work with a large number of the UK based migration agents and we have a relationship with Australian based migration agents.

I am very happy to answer relevant question from anyone at no charge, although some information is exclusive to my clients.

I am looking forward to seeing the new lists and understanding the implications, as I believe more people will be interested in a quick move to avoid the next round of changes, two years is a long time in migration. I felt sorry for those people who had been in the queue prior to September 2007 who had their DIAC fees returned, could that happen again, who knows? I do agree with one contributor; please allow your migration agent a few days to understand the implications of the new rules.

Hopefully I have answered your questions and comments and I will finish with this final comment; I don't know many people working in the Australia migration industry who will say they are happier and making more money than they were two years ago. I recently increased my staff numbers and my enquiries since September 23rd 2009 have increased by 3866% over the previous 12 months. If anyone needs help you know where I am.

Good Luck to all hoping to migrate to Australia and thank you any former client who has added a comment to this web site.

Guest martd

Hi all

i've been granted SS but advised by a MARA agent today that it could well be 3 years for my 175, i suppose if you want to wait that long it's ok but as far as i'm concerned 4 to 5 years from start to finish for a temp visa is a no go.

Guest bilaln30
Hi All

I have read on another forum that DIAC made a new announcement recently. George Lombard is credited with having repeated the announcement publicly somewhere, but I am not sure whereabouts.

The announcement is as follows:

DIAC TRANSFORMATION AND THE GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship is undergoing a wide-ranging transformation program to position itself as a high performing immigration and citizenship organisation, equipped to compete in global markets and attract the best migrants and key skills required for Australia. The transformation process will enable the department to deliver globally consistent services to our clients.

The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is an active participant in the transformation process and is currently implementing planned changes to enable a consistent management of both the Adelaide and Brisbane GSM sites. To align with other business areas, a restructure of the two GSM sites into a total case management model, is being implemented. This will provide improved client service delivery through the provision of a direct email channel between clients and their case officers. The effective date for the restructure in Adelaide is Monday 3 May 2010. Further information and correct contact channels will be provided shortly.

The GSM program is now aligned to Mr Greg Kelly, Global Manager, Skilled and Family Visas. Both the Adelaide and Brisbane GSM sites are now managed by the Acting Director - Program Delivery, GSM, Ms Elizabeth Kerrish. Mr David Edwards has recently accepted the position of Territory Director, in the department's Darwin Office.

Within the 2009-10 GSM program, the department continues to give priority processing to applicants who have an occupation on the Critical Skills List including those sponsored by state and territory governments. In line with these priority processing arrangements, the department is actively processing applications on hand and will provide information to applicants as their application progresses.

The processing areas are focusing on the integrity of the GSM caseload as well as applications that may be more complex in nature. The focus on integrity is an important measure to ensure visa program outcomes are delivered as intended by the Migration Act 1958 and in accordance with government policy. Furthermore, the reallocation of resources to complex applications provides the department an opportunity to potentially reduce processing timeframes for affected applicants. This temporary shift in focus may reduce the number of applications finalised in the near future and may have an impact on current processing timeframes. You may notice less applications being finalised in the very quick processing timeframes you have become accustomed to seeing, in particular where Decision Ready Checklists are utilised.

The department remains committed to client service standards and the delivery of service excellence to our clients.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Today is 3rd May, 2010. I dont find any visible change any where about this restructuring. Could anyone throw some light at this????

Today is 3rd May, 2010. I dont find any visible change any where about this restructuring. Could anyone throw some light at this????

Only DIAC can throw any light on the situation. What George Lombard has written is merely what the DIAC have said. Unfortunately there credibility is something to be desired looking at how they have handled their commitments in the past. It is really sad and frustrating when you have put down so much of money on commitments that were never to be honoured. Anyway, right now, we don't have much of a choice but to wait !!:daydreaming:

The announcement was copied from a message sent by the OMARA to all registered agents. However I suspect that the date of 3 May was linked to the SOL announcement originally set down for Friday.

In the circumstances I don't think we'll see anything out of this until a couple of days after "May" - What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration . And it may be that the third post-christian era is upon us, with a new calendar, the Diacorian, to follow the Julian and Gregorian calendars, if "May" doesn't end on the 31st day of the 5th month.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Guest stelstar
The announcement was copied from a message sent by the OMARA to all registered agents. However I suspect that the date of 3 May was linked to the SOL announcement originally set down for Friday.

In the circumstances I don't think we'll see anything out of this until a couple of days after "May" - What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration . And it may be that the third post-christian era is upon us, with a new calendar, the Diacorian, to follow the Julian and Gregorian calendars, if "May" doesn't end on the 31st day of the 5th month.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi there,

I was just wondering what these delays mean for people like myself who applied after the 8th of feb but before the new SOL list is released. I am an accountant from the UK and was hoping I would be assigned a CO soonish as the general consensus seems to be that accountants for our sins are going to have to jump through more hoops. If that's the case and I move down the priority list, I may very well head out to oz towards the end of this year/early next your on the WHV whilst I still can (turn 30 next year July). Well aware that I would have to leave oz to be granted 175 visa, and not complaining as I have not been waiting very long yet at all, just trying to weigh up my options.

Stelstar

Hi guys

I don't know if this is going to help anyone but we've just had our 176 granted. The confirmation came through about 2 weeks ago and the pages entered into our passports last week. We started the ball rolling about 18 months ago and the police and med checks went in 25th Sept 2009, so we've effectively been waiting since then. We went through the same heartache as everyone else; you get told that everything is ok, then there's another change of policy and it could be another 3 years............I can only comment on our experience but when our agent in OZ chased our application up with the DIAC, the case agent explained that we should have had our visas granted in January but due to staff turnover, pressures of volume etc., ours had been "overlooked". The word though is that whilst CSL apps are the priority, cat5's are still being processed and it's just a matter of waiting for your application to hit the desk. Like I say, this is only our experience and I don't want to build anyone's hopes up unnecessarily but my personal opinion is that while there are all kinds of official notices going around, the processing is still going on in the background, albeit much slower than any of us would like.

Good luck and stay positive!

Guest gmac
Hi there,

I was just wondering what these delays mean for people like myself who applied after the 8th of feb but before the new SOL list is released. I am an accountant from the UK and was hoping I would be assigned a CO soonish as the general consensus seems to be that accountants for our sins are going to have to jump through more hoops. If that's the case and I move down the priority list, I may very well head out to oz towards the end of this year/early next your on the WHV whilst I still can (turn 30 next year July). Well aware that I would have to leave oz to be granted 175 visa, and not complaining as I have not been waiting very long yet at all, just trying to weigh up my options.

Stelstar

Hi Stelstar,

I too wonder what the delays mean for myself, I decided to go for a 176 PR Visa, sat the IELT test, passed AIM skills assessment, payed my application fee, jumped through countless hoops and the whole process took approximately one year.

My application has been lodged for over one year now, so the plan to emmigrate has now been in process for over two years. DIAC will not indicate what or when anything is likely to happen, for god's sake they now tell us that applying does not guarantee success.

So rather than sit around waiting for DIAC to decide whether I have qualified for a visa or not, I have decided to just go towards the end of the year, visa or no visa. The process will be nearly three years in progress by then, who knows I may have my visa by then, but one only lives once and I feel justified going when it suits me, not DIAC. I am prepared to face the consequences when I get to Australia. Your views are most welcome,

Cheers all,

gmac

Guest bilaln30

MIA Notice: Suspension of Offshore General Skilled Migration

The Minister has today announced a temporary suspension of certain general skilled migration visas. The move hopes to ensure that all offshore general skilled applications made after today are in accordance with the occupations included on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL), to be released later this month. The Minister has not indicated when the suspension will be lifted, however it will be no earlier than the announcement of the new SOL.

The Minister has announced that his Department will not accept applications for the following visa subclasses from 8 May 2010 until further notice:

Subclass 175 – Skilled Independent;

Subclass 176 – Skilled Sponsored; and

Subclass 475 – Skilled Regional Sponsored.

Therefore, any applications received by the Department after 8 May 2010 for one of the above visa subclasses will be returned and the visa application charge refunded.

Please note that this suspension does not affect onshore general skilled migration visas.

Guest proud2beaussie
MIA Notice: Suspension of Offshore General Skilled Migration

The Minister has today announced a temporary suspension of certain general skilled migration visas. The move hopes to ensure that all offshore general skilled applications made after today are in accordance with the occupations included on the new Skilled Occupation List (SOL), to be released later this month. The Minister has not indicated when the suspension will be lifted, however it will be no earlier than the announcement of the new SOL.

The Minister has announced that his Department will not accept applications for the following visa subclasses from 8 May 2010 until further notice:

Subclass 175 – Skilled Independent;

Subclass 176 – Skilled Sponsored; and

Subclass 475 – Skilled Regional Sponsored.

Therefore, any applications received by the Department after 8 May 2010 for one of the above visa subclasses will be returned and the visa application charge refunded.

Please note that this suspension does not affect onshore general skilled migration visas.

George has started a thread about this subject,the thread is at

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85603-suspension-general-skilled-migration.html

Archived