Processing ceased

Guest gmac

Hi PIO readers,

I have just spoken with an officer at DIAC and was informed that processing has again ceased for applications not on the CSL.

I haven't seen any evidence on PIO to support this, I was under the impression that CAT5's are being processed at the moment.

Does anyone know any different to having to wait another 3 years?

Best wishes,

gmac

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi PIO readers,

I have just spoken with an officer at DIAC and was informed that processing has again ceased for applications not on the CSL.

I haven't seen any evidence on PIO to support this, I was under the impression that CAT5's are being processed at the moment.

Best wishes,

gmac

A friend of mine was granted a visa last week, he is state sponsored not CSL I think is Cat 5.

Cheers

Guest sagar

Hi Everybody of PoIoZ

I think from this confusion only one person can pull you out...She is GILLIAN...

Yes..Gill Please verify this and Solve the Confusion....

Thanks

SAGAR........

Hi Everybody of PoIoZ

I think from this confusion only one person can pull you out...She is GILLIAN...

Yes..Gill Please verify this and Solve the Confusion....

Thanks

SAGAR........

I think you're correct Sagar. The person I spoke to at DIAC was a very polite lady however everytime I made a suggestion or asked her anything she said no or said her hands were tied because she was under directions from the minister. This is so frustrating. I really cannot understand the situation. A friend of mine said it's a waiting game now?

Cheers

gmac

Guest Violet S
Hi PIO readers,

Best wishes,

gmac

Hi gmac,

You mean they will stop processing cat5, 6 and 7? Any idea when they will start again?

thanks.

Violet

I got the impression that the quota runs from July 1st to June 30th. If that's the case then processing will resume in July for next year, so it's only a couple of months wait.

I'm wondering what's going to happen to the old CSL priority categories. Given the SMPs haven't been announced yet, and DIAC are processing these quickly, I suspect that the last of the CSL applications will be finished off whilst the new regime is being put in place. Unless, of course, 176 CSL and Category 5 applicants form the bulk of the new SMP, and are immediately treated as the new Category 2.

Guest tabatha

There's so many stories flying around, I doubt anyone knows for sure.. But I hope and pray this is rubbish as the wait is driving us mad.....If anyone can give some positive feedback on movements for us 175 modl list or 176 then give us some hope.....:daydreaming:

Guest Wannabeoz

Will there ever be any good news for us?! I can't go on with this stress for another x amount of years/months.

Surely we deserve at least to be told what's going on!!!!

Guest JohnandLisa

I'm confused also.

Sept 10th 2009 we put our 475 Stated Sponsor visa in and no CO yet. Agent said to wait until CO tells us to do meds etc.

In the meantime, everyone is stuck in limbo!

Guest sidney

they should start processing now, they have had our money. now provide the visas ! as originally promised. the wait is unjust .

Guest Miajohnson
they should start processing now, they have had our money. now provide the visas ! as originally promised. the wait is unjust .

We think alike.:arghh:

This was my email this morning..........im cat 2 nurse with a job waiting everything is uiploaded....

Dear Mrs Sutton,

At present your application is undergoing routine processing which I

anticipate to be finalised in the next 3-4 months.

You will be contacted when all other routine checks are completed.

AAAGHHHHHHHH i thought it would be weeks.............:mad:

Guest VickyMel
I'm confused also.

Sept 10th 2009 we put our 475 Stated Sponsor visa in and no CO yet. Agent said to wait until CO tells us to do meds etc.

In the meantime, everyone is stuck in limbo!

Your agent is right unless you are on the CSL you probably have a while to wait yet.

Take a look at the first page of the thread below and you will see a list of people waiting in Cat 5 relating to when they applied to DIAC - maybe come and join us?

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html#post596344

VickyMel

Hi Violet,

I get the impression that it will mean processing has ceased for all categories not on the CSL. Our hope is that things will resume at the start of the new processing year and/or when the new SOL is introduced.

Cheers

gmac

Guest wobob
This was my email this morning..........im cat 2 nurse with a job waiting everything is uiploaded....

Dear Mrs Sutton,

At present your application is undergoing routine processing which I

anticipate to be finalised in the next 3-4 months.

You will be contacted when all other routine checks are completed.

AAAGHHHHHHHH i thought it would be weeks.............:mad:

3-4 months and you are Cat 2??? This is driving me nuts. I really really wish I could go to ASPC's offices and find out what on earth they are up to. We've been told there is nothing wrong with our application but all the other 175 CSL's lodged this year have got a case officer in less than 60 days and now we're up to 75 days.......we're the only Feb application which hasn't been allocated a case officer now according to the time line :arghh:

At least you have an email, we've had nada.

Guest Violet S
Hi Violet,

I get the impression that it will mean processing has ceased for all categories not on the CSL. Our hope is that things will resume at the start of the new processing year and/or when the new SOL is introduced.

Cheers

gmac

Thanks gmac.

I think the frustrating part is that we all thought that Oz was one of the fastest visa processing around. Looking at my timeline and the crazy changes that happen every now and then. I realise it was a big mistake , waste of money and a very unfair system. I am Sept 08 Application and the fact that i have to wait another 2-3 yrs seems so unfair.It is like looking into the dark with no assurances or any promises that this visa will EVER be granted. Also who knows if they decide to cap and cease 2008 applicants just so they can create more office space.

It was better when they publised their Processing dates every 2 weeks at least u knew where u stand and could have a brisk of hope even though these timelines weren't exactly followed. At least we had an idea about the progress of each visa category. Now we are just left to wonder with DIAC phone staff crushing our hopes and dreams. Forgive me if this sounds negative but i need to vent out and i am very damn angry

Guest warwick

:chatterbox: Apparently the diac is going to make an announcement on the 30th of april 2010, regarding the order in which visas are to be processed. Give your agent time to study the annoncement and you should hear from them beginning of may. It would be better to wait a year or so longer to emergrate in my opinion given the fact that exchange rates are not in our favour at the moment.

Guest Wannabeoz
I think the frustrating part is that we all thought that Oz was one of the fastest visa processing around. Looking at my timeline and the crazy changes that happen every now and then. I realise it was a big mistake , waste of money and a very unfair system. I am Sept 08 Application and the fact that i have to wait another 2-3 yrs seems so unfair.It is like looking into the dark with no assurances or any promises that this visa will EVER be granted. Also who knows if they decide to cap and cease 2008 applicants just so they can create more office space.

It was better when they publised their Processing dates every 2 weeks at least u knew where u stand and could have a brisk of hope even though these timelines weren't exactly followed. At least we had an idea about the progress of each visa category. Now we are just left to wonder with DIAC phone staff crushing our hopes and dreams. Forgive me if this sounds negative but i need to vent out and i am very damn angry

Too right! All I want right now (apart from a visa) is some information on what's happening! Yes I know you pay your money, you take your chances, but that's hardly fair! Don't let us apply if you won't even look at our applications for years! Moving to another hemisphere is NOT something you decide on a whim, applying is a big decision and they are treating it like a lottery. You don't expact to win the lottery. When you get state sponsorship, apply for a visa and pay $2.5K, you expect to get something in return.

Too right! All I want right now (apart from a visa) is some information on what's happening! Yes I know you pay your money, you take your chances, but that's hardly fair! Don't let us apply if you won't even look at our applications for years! Moving to another hemisphere is NOT something you decide on a whim, applying is a big decision and they are treating it like a lottery. You don't expact to win the lottery. When you get state sponsorship, apply for a visa and pay $2.5K, you expect to get something in return.

IF i could get everyone on PIO to protest infront of the DIAC building i am sure we will make headlines. The point in their favor is most applicants aren't physically there. They just collect their hard earned money , dump their papers and barely give them feedback. I know Australia is trying to support it's needs and demands for economy. But Don't accept anymore applications until you finalise your back log and their wonderful minister shouldn't apply new rules retroactively and kill hopes for ones that were nearly there. It is like a Mafia operation only with legal forms and documentation :biglaugh:

IF i could get everyone on PIO to protest infront of the DIAC building i am sure we will make headlines. The point in their favor is most applicants aren't physically there. They just collect their hard earned money , dump their papers and barely give them feedback. I know Australia is trying to support it's needs and demands for economy. But Don't accept anymore applications until you finalise your back log and their wonderful minister shouldn't apply new rules retroactively and kill hopes for ones that were nearly there. It is like a Mafia operation only with legal forms and documentation :biglaugh:

It appears that the DIAC objective is to persuade as many people as possible that their country is the most desirable place on earth to live, accept their application money, then cherry pick who they want to grant visas to. So if you're not flavour of the month then you just wait and wait until you give up, or they cap and kill your application for you. I'm starting to dislike their politicians already.

Cheers,

gmac

Australia's migration policy is intended to supply the country with the skills of which there's a shortage. If there are restrictions imposed in the numbers then "cherry picking" those who are most in demand is a sensible way of running an immigration programme.

It just sucks for would-be migrants involved.

The other thing that people don't seem to bear in mind is that just putting in an application doesn't guarantee you a place. That might not be fair, but most of us here aren't Australian citizens, and thus don't have a right of residence in that country.

Guest wobob
Australia's migration policy is intended to supply the country with the skills of which there's a shortage. If there are restrictions imposed in the numbers then "cherry picking" those who are most in demand is a sensible way of running an immigration programme.

It just sucks for would-be migrants involved.

The other thing that people don't seem to bear in mind is that just putting in an application doesn't guarantee you a place. That might not be fair, but most of us here aren't Australian citizens, and thus don't have a right of residence in that country.

It does suck, but I do understand the cherry picking. My main issue now I'm actually in the process is the complete lack of communication. We got a reply this morning to our online query about our application saying it our query had already been resolved - No it hasn't!! :arghh: No one has yet to explain why our application is still sat there with no case officer when identical Cat 4 applications lodged up to 6 weeks later have now got case officers. Grrr.

Archived