Warnings about Australia.

tracy123

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Karen Wardle
Hi Karen, you see I have experienced something entirely different. We have built extensions onto our land and I have to say I thought it was going to be a nightmare. Each and every tradie or service provider has turned up on time, it has been a total breeze and very cost effective. You probably experienced some rogue ones, but I wouldnt want to tar anyone with the same brush. Over in WA (north) that was a totally different ballgame , all out for making the big bucks for doing as little as possible, but thats the way in mining towns I am afraid:biggrin:.

One thing I might add, they tend to look after their own here, hence all the conversations are done by my lovely husband:wink: Take care Susie

The only service provider that lets me down is Telstra, but that appears to be nationwide

Hi Susie

You are right, I shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Your building experience was better than my parents. Dad wanted a second home built on his property for my nan. After accepting the quote the builder didn't turn up any earlier than 11am and he was usually gone by 3pm.

I think in WA they want a slice of the mining dollars. Is petrol still ridiculously priced over there?

By the way I love your pic. Is that from your backyard?

Karen (Wardle)

Guest siamsusie
Hi Susie

You are right, I shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush.

Your building experience was better than my parents. Dad wanted a second home built on his property for my nan. After accepting the quote the builder didn't turn up any earlier than 11am and he was usually gone by 3pm.

I think in WA they want a slice of the mining dollars. Is petrol still ridiculously priced over there?

By the way I love your pic. Is that from your backyard?

Karen (Wardle)

Thanks Karen, its very frustrating when that happens I agree. Our builder has become a personal friend now which is always lovely and we value him ten fold. Petrol this morning in WA according to my husband was 1.45 so same old same old. Yes Karen the picture is from my back yard on the River Tamar, so I am blessed. Surrounded by Narawntapu National Park‎ with its own beaches and Greensbeach.

I was thinking back to trying to get some Tradies in London end of last year for one of my son's apartment, that was some exercise and in light of the recession I was surprised at the amount of "no shows"! They are not working at the Olympic stadium down the road because thats all sewn up!

:wubclub:Enjoy your day and thanks for your post Susie

I was thinking back to trying to get some Tradies in London end of last year for one of my son's apartment, that was some exercise and in light of the recession I was surprised at the amount of "no shows"! They are not working at the Olympic stadium down the road because thats all sewn up!

:wubclub:Enjoy your day and thanks for your post Susie

Should have got Poles to do it, cheaper and more reliable:wink:

Guest siamsusie
Should have got Poles to do it, cheaper and more reliable
Trust you!:biglaugh: I wasnt going down this route! :biggrin:

There is a question about tiling on the main page Aldo make yourself useful and give some "concrete advice" lol

Archived