Heard Back from DIMIA

Guest nonnynoo

Guest nonnynoo

Hi, feel I have to share as no one else understands. I had phone call from our agent this morning saying that she has heard back from dimia and that they have requested police and health checks :lol: !!. We have our health checks on Friday and our police checks are due back by the 7th Feb. also requested 4 years financial statement and taxation documents but all that is ok so hopefully this means we should have our visa soon !! has any one else also had this requested, our agent said this has been the norm for the past two months, yipee as we are about to exchange on our house and move in with mil so as of yesterday was feeling very anxious but this morning woke up to this !! Lauren

Hi, feel I have to share as no one else understands. I had phone call from our agent this morning saying that she has heard back from dimia and that they have requested police and health checks :lol: !!. We have our health checks on Friday and our police checks are due back by the 7th Feb. also requested 4 years financial statement and taxation documents but all that is ok so hopefully this means we should have our visa soon !! has any one else also had this requested, our agent said this has been the norm for the past two months, yipee as we are about to exchange on our house and move in with mil so as of yesterday was feeling very anxious but this morning woke up to this !! Lauren

The financial statements and tax returns sound a little unusual? Are you self employed or something?

Cheers

Choobs

Guest nonnynoo

Hi, My husband is self employed bricklayer. I also asked our agent if this was normal and she said not until about 2 months ago and now they are all asking. We know it is not a prob as he has all records with his accountant and has been self employed for the past 9 years. The agent also said that somepeople are being checked at work ! Lauren

congratulations lauren looks like your nearly there good luck with the house sale and i hope everything goes well for you ,how long ago did you send in your application? and is it worth the stress of the 'waiting period'?

once again congratulations and good luck

cal x

Guest nonnynoo

Hi Cal,

Our application was received 7th October 05' so has taken 15 weeks. Is deffo worth it but the wait is awfull. It is funny as the day before i had an awfull day as felt we were moving out of the house with no where to go and wondering if we had done the right thing especially by selling house before we had even heard back from the DIMIA but the next morning got the call !!

It has been a long time in the making as we first lodged our tra app July 04' which was refused then we saved and got an agent who started for us in Jan 05' so been a while now, just want to get to Adelaide !!

Good luck with your app

Lauren

Archived