Shipping company let down....

touch107fm

Hello fellow pomsinoz users..

I got a serious rant !!!! I am not one to complain but I have just found out from my shipping company that they have let me down big time.

As this is a forum about expats in oz I feel the need to share with you my experience so far with my shipping company.

I left on the 12th of March from London, I was told by the agent that my boxes would be picked up on the 11th of March and shipped from the UK to Australia one week later.

I just got off the phone with the company to check up on my shipment and was shocked to find out they have not left London. I am so bloody angry, By the the sounds of things its going to be well over 3 months more like 4 months before I get my stuff. The whole Ideal was that we would save a fortune by not having to buy the same stuff over here in Australia..

When I spoke to agent who organised my shipping he was very sorry etc etc etc I was giving out stinks and just by magic my shipment was pushed forward by one week.

Its now due to leave the London on the 20th.. Over 40 days after I left the UK. I really feel let down by these guys. Its a stressful time at the moment with the whole move to the other side of the world, getting work, apt, car etc

I am sure most shipping company's will do the same stunt tell you one thing do another.

Please chose wisely when picking a shipping company,

Rant over ......

Admin Note:

Please PM the poster if you wish to know the name of the shipping company, we cannot allow name and shaming on a public forum

The whole shipping process seems to be a bit of a b***** nightmare :arghh:

While I have pretty much decided upon one of the major players, my second choice (another major name) has been ringing up telling me stories of their bad practice! It all seems to be getting a bit dirty and underhand!

Archived