Furnitures, kitchen appliances

Guest Johan

Guest Johan

Pls advise me

Can we rent furnitures or do we have to buy new ones when we reach australia.

Is it very expensive to buy kitchen appliances & cookery items, we were planning to bring few of those items along with us.

What would be the cost of fridge, dish washer, washing machine ?

TV 50” $1197

Blue ray disc player $199

Surround sound 7.2 $1,149 or $628 for a 5.1

410 litre fridge freezer $999

1100w microwave $169

Dish washer $698

Kettle $39.95

4 slice Toaster $39.95

Washing machines 5.5kg $499

Dryer $489 5kg

Iron 2400w steam iron $49.95

Ironing board $79.95

Vacuums 200w $199 or a dyson you are looking at around $650

• 2 months later...

Hi you can hire furniture here, there are lots of places who offer this service, just watch for the ones who want to tie you in for 12months as a lesser time period can sometimes work out expensive.

Furniture varies in price depending on the Quality you want. There are Ikea stores for your cheap and cheerful and also a place called Fantastic Furniture where you can buy great starter packages for really good prices. Have a look at Fantastic Furniture - Packages to see what i mean.

For white goods in Qld we have Retrovision( RT Edwards), Bi-rite, Good Guys, Harvey Norman , Domain etc etc.

And if all esle fails there is always Ebay AU,lol

Cal x

Hi

depending on where you are going to be living the Good Guys shop is really reasonable for fridge, front loader washing machine etc we bought both for $1200 dollars the fridge is huge. Some things are really expensive like linen etc.

good luck with your move

Hi again

Yes try Mr Rentals we had furniture until our stuff arrived from UK and the couch bed bases and fridge were really clean on arrival I know friends who had stuff from Radio Rentals and it was bad. Also if you are thinking of renting my good advise when you put an application in for a rental write nice letter in to say a little bit about yourself and your family and where your working if you already have a job it will give you a better chance of getting a property we were luck to get somewhere within 2 weeks of arrival.

• 4 years later...

I agree with you kitchen appliances & cookery items cost are very high some time but there are many store also available, which provide that things in very affordable prices. I know a furniture store name is furniture first located in Edmonton. They have a huge range of home furniture at pocket friendly rate . You can try there. I have also purchased many items from there for my home.

Archived