Job offer in Sydney, are we taking a step backwards financially?

Guest iCanHazBiscuit

In my opinion I do not think people should adjust their expectations. If they are in a successful career and have a nice home etc why should they think "oh lets move to Aus and of course we will not be able to have our lifestyle there, but that's ok" I am helping out the company.

This thread is about a company wanting someone expert in their field, not a person just moving for a change of way of life.

I know this but what I am just trying to point out that even with the perfect job, even as a skilled employee, one should be careful and cautious when starting out somewhere new.

That all.

It's not about living in a dump, I just think people should start slowly that's all. :-) But if you have the savings and insurance to back yourself up in case you lose your job (it happens to the most skilled employees sometime, trust me) then fine. I would just be very wary that's all. But that's just me! :-)

The house is in Roselands. It's not an area with mansions but an area which has a lot of family homes and in a cul-de-sac - very quiet and peaceful area, a medium sized home, just what we are after.

I will not post the photos on here due to privacy concerns.

I am not undercharging our tenants - we've decided to keep our rent at that level as we are happy with the tenants. It is possible to find a home in this area between 400-420 per week but it may not be an area you like - and that's ok.

That's still a lot in my opinion for Sydney suburbia but the prices are quite inflated at the moment.

Archived