How long to claim tax back??

calNgary

Hiya i have been chatting to a pommy family today who rented oppsite us and they havnt submitted any p85 as they didnt know you could claim tax back,they have been in Oz just under 12mth.Does anyone know if they be able to claim now or is it too late ? any help for them is appreciated ,

thanks

Cal x

Guest The Jenners

Hi (o:

While I'm not an expert I had no issues with my refund, and a friend of mine who also migrated told me that she received a refund cheque to the address the IR had for her - she hadn't even sent in a form...

Anyway - here's the link to the webpage, there is no mention of dates in there so I would say as long as they have a P45 to enclose it's got to be worth a shot! http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/p85_p85s.htm

:)

Hi

I don't think there is a time limit for claiming and if there is, it's probably in excess of 3 years.

I claimed recently, it took about 7 weeks to process (usual Inland revenue bulls**t). I was advised to CC my most recent UK MP as they will chase things for your nighour if it starts to take too long.

There are agencies that'll do it for you and online calculators that will indicate how much is due back. It's worth doing the forms themselves as the agencies take 10-20% cut.

Good luck.

Pj

Guest nev_n_angie

You can claim up to 6 years Tax back if it is due........if you submit p60's/p45's for the 6 years, it CAn work both ways!!!!

I send my Hubbies P60 off every year with the relevant forms - this is after I have done a manual Tax Calculation as it could mean that he hasn't paid enough!!! We have received Tax Rebates most years - apparently 1 in 3 people are paying too much tax in their PAYE!!!

Angie

Archived