example of rpl to acs does anyone have one?

Guest Spindy

Guest Spindy

Hi, Is there such a thing out there a copy of a rpl that we can see before my husbands fills one in for himself???

Guest MARTINI

Hi

My background is in IT and a while ago my son in-law had successful RPL via ACS.

The form is itself is basic although it can look quite daunting at first. It covers work history and such things as case studies where you can give examples of such things as any projects you may have worked on, managed or initiated. There are pre set headings where you add your information. There are 14 areas of knowledge where you select the ones that you think you have the relevant experience\knowledge in. You then add info to these sections to back up your application.

You would also back up with testimonies\references from previous\current employers. Its a bit like a very detailed CV with more specific details and examples of experience\performance. What you are trying to prove is that you have the sufficient work experience\skills\knowledge to back up your lack of perhaps a degree qualification in IT or other recognised quals in IT as was the case with my son in-law.

Try and get as much quality\experience\examples info as you can in it to back up your RPL application. You also need to add some basic info about computer architecture etc. You also have to submit a CV and some other docs. There is a check-list at the beginning of the doc.

Do a search on Web cos there is a guy selling RPL examples for ACS and they only cost a few dollars each.

My advice is DON'T rush the form.

Good Luck

Hope the info helps?

:biggrin:

I agree with the previous post, dont rush the RPL as they do not just want to see lists of things learnt, training and skills, but also want to see deep proof of how knowledge was obtained (how did the applicant gain the required body of knowledge, more than just "I did raining in...", and how the knowledge was applied).

Also, although another RPL (posted here or bought online) might be a good indicator, but do NOT run the risk of copyig contents, as the ACS has seen it all, and will most likely know if it is not own work.

But also like the previous post says, it looks more daunting than it is. It is atually quite simple and if done correctly , no reason to panic!!

:biggrin:

Guest Joy Please

I prepared RPL application for my skills assessment. It's a massive effort in my opinion. Get help from rplhelp.co.uk. I purchased some stuff from there to get started. But that can only inspire and get you started which is probably the most important part of the process. I'll say it again - RPL is a tough job and requires very high motivation. But I have done it - so can you.

regards,

joy

Guest mandisfam

Hello, my oh did the acs rpl nearly 2 years ago now but we too purchased some samples from rplhelp.co.uk. of course you dont copy what is written but it does give you a starting point and some indication on how to write the rpl.

I personally think the rpl is tough going for techy IT people, if you are more hands on techy person then the rpl is tough going, but it is achievable. Just break it down into sections and tackle one section at a time.

My oh took a week off work to write his, he spent 4 days working all day to write it. Not including the time spent making amendments after our agent check it for us.

Good luck.

mandisfam

• 4 years later...
Hello, my oh did the acs rpl nearly 2 years ago now but we too purchased some samples from rplhelp.co.uk. of course you dont copy what is written but it does give you a starting point and some indication on how to write the rpl.

I personally think the rpl is tough going for techy IT people, if you are more hands on techy person then the rpl is tough going, but it is achievable. Just break it down into sections and tackle one section at a time.

My oh took a week off work to write his, he spent 4 days working all day to write it. Not including the time spent making amendments after our agent check it for us.

Good luck.

mandisfam

Hi Mandisfam,

As I see rplhelp.co.uk is no more active.

can you or somebody send me some RPL example for System adminsitrator

I have over 10 years IT experience and I would be happy to see some example and write my own.

cheers

spegla

Archived