13 year old needs advice

Guest soontobethere

Guest soontobethere

Me and my family are emigrating to bribane in 7 weeks time. I am 13 years old can anybody tell me what school year i will start in ?,, and what year do you finish ?

hi same age as my son, should be the same as UK year 8. The term starts different thought whilst our new year starts in Sept, which you would have gone into year 9 in OZ its January, However it may depend on where you are going, when the new term starts after the long break.

Actually it wasn't that helpful because it is not necessarily correct! When is your birthday? Did you turn 13 this year or will you turn 14? If you are turning 14 this year then you will be in year 9 when you come to Brisbane. Schooling finishes in year 12.

My daughter is 13 now and turns 14 in August and is in year 9.

Love

Rudi

x

Actually it wasn't that helpful because it is not necessarily correct! When is your birthday? Did you turn 13 this year or will you turn 14? If you are turning 14 this year then you will be in year 9 when you come to Brisbane. Schooling finishes in year 12.

My daughter is 13 now and turns 14 in August and is in year 9.

Love

Rudi

x

Ah yes you are right, he did not say when birthday was. Must have touched lucky though as he found it useful x

School years in NSW and Queensland are different too.

Yes all states are different.....

When we moved from NSW to Qld......

daughter number 1 went up a year

daughter number 2 remained in the same year

daughter number 3 went down a year

All because of where their birthdays fall in the year!!

Love

Rudi

x

Guest soontobethere

Thanks for all your replys,, I am 14 on the 2nd of october this year, will this mean i am in y9 when i start school in brisbane ?

Thanks

Archived