Form 47SK Help

Guest kazzy01

Guest kazzy01

Hi All

I also have a couple of questions in relation to Form 47SK.

Part F) Refers to family members and their details. My parents divorced when I was 8 (25 yrs ago) and I have not been in touch with my father since. I do know that he remarried and had another child, but do I really need to provide details of this part of my family which I know nothing about? I am even having trouble confirming my father’s DOB as my mum can’t remember his birthday!

Q24) Value of funds, assets and goods you will be bringing into Australia. How on earth do you answer this question? I have not sold my house yet so it will depend mainly on that.

One other question, I had a police check done in August 2005, but understand your visa when granted is dependent upon you entering Australia within one year of the date of your police check.

Will I simply be able to have another police check done at a later date to extend this date ? I will be travelling for 6 months and not back in the UK until September, so in no position to move to Australia until after that date!

Many thanks for your help.

Karen

hiya Karen ,i was in a similar situation here too ,my mum died when i was 3mth old (30 yrs ago) and it has been a taboo subject and never spoke about in my family ,i had never met her family so was abit stuck ,after speaking to my agent i was strongly advised to find out her d.o.b etc and not miss anything out,hard but i got the info eventually.

value of funds ,whatever figure you put will not affect your application,add everything up ,take off what you owe mortgage etc and have a good guess.

with regards to your police check i would just have another done around the time of your medical as they are only valid for 12mth in dimia's eyes,you have to enter oz within 12mth of your medical and police check ,so if you are out of the country leave them as late as possible

once again hope this helps

cal x

Guest mickroo

Hi Karen

With regards to finding out DOB'S try your local public records office they hold every birth/death certs since time began or could point you the the right direction.

Regards

Mick

Archived