What house sellers accept.

Guest chris955

Guest chris955

This is a very general question so obviously don't expect absolutes but in the current market in the UK what are sellers accepting for their houses ? I mean if you were looking at a 300k house would they accept 280k for instance or are they still holding out for top dollar ?

It depends on the vendor. For someone that wants a quick sale they may accept a lower offer than someone not in a hurry to sell and move on. The vendor can always come back with a counter offer, then you can too, it can go on like that until an amount is agreed upon. Everyone wants the most they can get for their property. You can always increase your offer but you can't decrease it, (not without upsetting anyone).

Guest chris955

Yes I realise that is the normal state of affairs but was wondering in the current climate that sellers were even more flexible than usual and willing to drop considerably ?

Hi there

I am in the process of selling my property. According to the agent, the lower the price, the less bargain you can make when you make an offer. For instance, if the asking price is 250, usually the vendor only accepts offer at around 245-240. But if you sell you house for 300, people wil consider offer starting from 280.

But of course, other factors will influence the process as well, like whether you want to sell it quickly.

I have put my house in Morden, Surrey for 275, and I think I will not accept offer less than 270.

regards

wijaya

Archived