Balwyn.................................1,244,000

Camberwell..........................1,265,000

Kew......................................1,346,000

Brighton...............................1,560,000

Canterbury...........................1,750,000

Armadale.............................1,778,000

Toorak..................................2,285,000

Guest proud2beaussie

I'm not surprised at those figures considering that they are all fairly "affluent" suburbs,I think the median house price in Melbourne is about $550,000 or thereabouts at the moment so having some suburbs where the median price is over $1,000,000 is not really that surprising but it idn't going to make it any easier for young people just starting out to afford their first home,they will have to move further and further away from the city to get anything even remotely reasonable in price,and that brings with it increased transport costs,young people seeking to buy their first homes are really up against it these days,even with first home buyers grants etc.

At least the traffic links are relatively good, I think people should realise they don't have a right to buy a house somewhere. I got bored of hearing the - I grew up here and I can't afford to buy a house its all these out of towners forcing prices up. It was your neighbours and families selling up to the out of towners in the first place that forced prices up. Free markets got to take the good with the bad. (sorry, rant over)

I read the article at the weekend with the suburbs and the projections of 2020.

What came to mind was real estate beat up again, we know that prices are going up but apart from the big jump when the GST came in its just inflation in my view and of course.

If you look back over the trends the same suburbs have made the same gains its just our dollar not going as far, inflation.

As for 2020 who knows, we could be in deflation, anything could happen.

My view is a house is a home and if its comfortable and we like the area, we are happy the kids are happy well we have succeeded whether its worth a dollar or a million dollars.

Personally for me I like to live in an ordinary type area with ordinary type people no pressure, genuine people who do not give a monkeys what anyone has.

Guest chris955

Inflation ? Our house went from $115,00 to $400,000 in 9 years, that's is way more than inflation and Brisbane prices are continuing to rise much much faster than inflation.

What came to mind was real estate beat up again, we know that prices are going up but apart from the big jump when the GST came in its just inflation in my view and of course.

Personally for me I like to live in an ordinary type area with ordinary type people no pressure, genuine people who do not give a monkeys what anyone has.

OK, I live in the hills, and deliverance comes to mind more before normal does, but I have to agree.

who gives a rats arse about house prices if you are happy in what you are doing & where you are. We all left that crap behind.

Archived