thoughts on kindy/pre primary in baldivis

Guest tracynben

Guest tracynben

hi everyone my eldest starts kindy next yr, we hopin he gets into tranby but if he doesnt it will have to be settlers or baldivis primary.

I heard more good things about baldivis than settlers, what everyone elses thoughts

thanks tracy

• 1 month later...
Guest dawnpepper

Hi Tracy,

we arrived here from the UK last November and settled in Baldivis at the end of December and our little girl Aleesha started in Kindy in February. Aleesha goes to the Settlers kindy and she absolutely loves it. I have now joined the PCA and I think this is a very active school with good projects. I cannot praise Settlers enough and so glad that I enrolled her there. I have met some lovely parents and there is very much a community feel here and Aleesha has brought some lovely work home and they also concentrate as well on social skills and manners such as sharing etc, not just on education. I am sure some other parents will praise their respective kindys as well. aleesha also goes to Tranby Day Care on Friday which is also very good but why pay expensive fees for a private kindy when the public one is so good. We have more money to spend on her for other things now. Hope you make the right choice that suits you. You will find generally that primary schools here are all very good and of a similar standard, you will probably have to be more choosy over your choice of high schools.

Dawn

The pressure to send your child to a 'good' private school here is nothing compared to the UK, especially Kindy and early primary. All schools follow the same ciriculum. It is more important as they reach more serious senior education to be in a 'better' school.

I would agree with Dawn, save your money, why pay enormous fees, around $1100 a term for your child to finger paint.

Guest Freaks

Hi Tracey. we have only been in Baldivis 5 weeks, and been in Oz 9 weeks. We moved here as we looked at alot of area's but really liked the schools here. I have a son aged 11, and a daughter aged 13.

My son goes to Baldivis primary, as we heard some great things about the School, and he loves it. He has been there 2 weeks now. He is a quiet boy so I was worried about him. But they were very welcoming.

He was a bit upset the first couple of days. But the school rang us straight away to let us know how he was going.

We found the school very helpful and thoughtful. The children have been very friendly. Even teaching him footy Aussie rules. This week has been great he seems much happier than he was in the UK.

My Daughter goes to Comet Bay and really loves it!! I have had no problems with her at all. She found a good friend on the first day!! Now talking about sleep overs!!

So I don't think you have any worries what school you choose, as I think both settlers and Baldivis Primary are great.

I hope this helps? if you have any questions please feel free to ask :)

If there is anyone in Baldivis looking for some new friends, we are 30 somethings ;-) with 2 children as I said above, age 11 and 13, and are happy to meet up.

My hubby is Rob - looking for a bbq and beer buddy, I'm Mandy and could do with some girly chat over a glass of wine - or coffee!!! :)

Would be good to here from you.

Thanks Mandy.

Guest mtcosby

Hi there Mandy.... my daughter is 11 and in Settlers and ive a son 16 in Warnbro.... my daughter is in Miss Gaskins class, your son might know her.... I dont do the school runs as I work ful time.. but im available at the weekends... you can either go throught he kids to meet up or contact me... My daughter is called Meg

Tracey xxx

Guest Freaks

Hi Tracey, Thanks for replying. My son Doesn't go to Settlers, but he does go to Baldivis primary.

So he wouldn't know your daughter unfortunatly.

Having said that, we would still be up for meeting up if thats ok with you?

It would be good to chat with some fellow Brits :)

With my son being older, the mums just drop their kids off from the car and so don't really get a chance to meet anybody! The same goes for my Daughter.

My husband works as a plumber in Canning Vale. So most of his work mates live up there which makes it difficult.

If it's still ok with you let me know.

Amanda xx

Guest wawfatty2

Hi, ladies, I'm Wendy and we have been living in Perth since October last year, we currenly live in Quinns Rocks but are in the process of having our own house built in Baldivis at Evermore Heights. My Children are both boys and are aged 8 and 3, so they will be going to the local primary school next year. I would love to meet up with any of you girls, as a chance to get to know a few people down there. I myself work full-time so dont get a chance to meet other mums much, so let me know, if any of you fancy meeting up sometime.

HI all , were moving to settlers in a few months , i work there as well , i have spoken to a couple of teachers and they say that both the primary schools there are excellent , settlers has more pupils though.

It seems a lovely area , very english looking in a country village way in parts .. any way any one fancy a kids and coffee meet up in one of the parks one sat / sun i have a 3 and a half years old she is at the ABC there .

Guest Freaks

Hi guys, I know both myself and hubby would be up for making some new friends.

we have been here about 6 weeks now, and am starting to feel it a bit.

The only thing is my kids are a bit older than yours ;-)

If you are ok with that, and still want to meet up just let me now.

It would be great to meet some new faces.

Guest tracynben

i am up for a meet too, just send me a PM to let me know if you arrange something, although the weather wont be as nice soon for meeting up in parks, so maybe something indoor may be better, theres a couple indoor playcentres locally for the little uns, funstation in rocko and a new one jungle zone in port kennedy, anyone fancy that?

tracy

so maybe we could see if its moms and kids or all the family ? then decide where to go , i have about 4 weeks untill we can go as a couple as my oh works rotating shifts at the airport , or after this weekend i can catch up just with the ladies... indoor or out door .

Guest Freaks

I'm happy with indoor or outdoor. Pity they dont have places like wacky wherehouse's, or do they.lol.? It would be good to meet with all the family. As sad I know, but would feel dreadful meeting up with new friends at a weekend and leaving the old man behind. lol. But having said that am happy to go along with whatever.

Amanda. x

Guest tracynben

im fine to meet as mums and kids, or family, my kids are only 3 and a half and 16 months, so for me it has to be somewhere the kids wont get bored otherwise they go ferrell, so thats why i suggested an indoor playcentre, if the weather isnt too bad (winter is soon uppon us, and yes it does rain here in winter) then we can meet somewhere outside.

I dont work either so im free any day.

tracy xxxx

I'm happy with indoor or outdoor. Pity they dont have places like wacky wherehouse's, or do they.lol.? It would be good to meet with all the family. As sad I know, but would feel dreadful meeting up with new friends at a weekend and leaving the old man behind. lol. But having said that am happy to go along with whatever.

Amanda. x

Hi Amanda , yes there are lots of wacky wharehouse places all over , so could be an option , as tracey says better if nasty weather , so tea and cake wacky style one weekend :wink:see what any one thinks and then we can see what day works for all .

Archived