Resident return visa help...

Guest Marc99

Guest Marc99

Hi All

In 2005 me and my australian girlfriend were granted a partner visa.

Since June 2006 we have been living in the UK and originally was only going to stay for 12 months.

Due my my father being diagnosed with cancer in 2007 and the eventual loss we stayed to make sure my Mum was alright and back on her feet before we left to settle in Australia.

Unfortunatley too much time apart and the strains of the last 2 years, it has affected our on relationship and we have decided to take a break. We are living apart but hope the space will enable us to work our relationship out.

The problem is my residency runs out on May 11th this year and i want to stay till then end of the year, and i need to appy for a resident return visa. I have no cultural or employment ties.

I am worried that now we are seperated i can not claim personal ties as i don't have a joint tenancy agreement, joint bills for the last 3 months...

What evidence do i need to claim personal ties? My ex has told me she doesn't want me to lose the visa, and would do anything to help. I Love australia and can't see myself living anywhere else. I have work contacts, many friends, savings and hopefully we can work our relationship out.

If i cannot apply as personal ties, can i appy on compassionate grounds?

Thank you for reading this and any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Marc

Guest Marc99

Hi Emma

Thanks for the quick reply and advice!

I shall have a read through the link you sent me =)

Congrats on the visa!

Kind regards

Marc

Archived