Panel beater recommendations please

Smirfyduo

Hi everyone,

I live in Glen Iris, and work in Bayswater - my poor little car came off second best to the lovely hail storm that we had a couple of weekends ago, and I have about a dozen dimples on my bonnet, as well as a couple on my roof:mad: (Ok, I am not the tallest person in the world, and can only see a couple on the roof - there could be a few more)

Can anyone recommmend a good (and reasonable priced) panel beater somewhere near me?

Thanks!!

Jules

Can't help with a panel beater to you locally (the one here in Monbulk is excellent) but I think you would need to be patient at the moment. They all have an absolute mountain of work on at the moment because of the hail.

Can't help with a panel beater to you locally (the one here in Monbulk is excellent) but I think you would need to be patient at the moment. They all have an absolute mountain of work on at the moment because of the hail.

Thanks!! :wubclub:

I aam being patient!!! Not too worried about when - just want somewhere reliable and close!!

Guest Hearne_Family

Are you insured? If you are and you are with AAMI or RACV call them and lodge a claim, Woods Accident Repair Centres have set up a hail stone damage hub at their Glen Iris branch, basically if you have hail damage you go to them and they will have a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy look over it and quote on the spot, you can then get booked in for them to repair the car. PDR means that instead of the regular repair process which includes expensive labour and materials the dents are pushed out without the need for any paint. I am pretty sure that the repair of the damage would be over the average excess of $500 and therefore if you are insured making a claim is the best bet.

Woods Glen Iris can advise if you are unsure: 9824 8286.

Terry

Are you insured? If you are and you are with AAMI or RACV call them and lodge a claim, Woods Accident Repair Centres have set up a hail stone damage hub at their Glen Iris branch, basically if you have hail damage you go to them and they will have a PDR (paintless dent removal) guy look over it and quote on the spot, you can then get booked in for them to repair the car. PDR means that instead of the regular repair process which includes expensive labour and materials the dents are pushed out without the need for any paint. I am pretty sure that the repair of the damage would be over the average excess of $500 and therefore if you are insured making a claim is the best bet.

Woods Glen Iris can advise if you are unsure: 9824 8286.

Terry

Thanks Terry!!

Am with Aami and already had them replace my windscreen - will see if I can get a quote tomorrow and give Aami call!! Unfortunately I hadn't noticed the dimples when I phoned about the windscreen !!:mad:

Jules

Guest Hearne_Family

Jules,

You will need to pre book a quote, dont quote me on this but I think you will need a claim number, although you can get a quote done for private work and then make a claim if the cost is too high. As I said before though they can be expensive, they charge per dent, we had one car that has been quoted at $2700, still cheaper than conventional repairs. Good luck and if you need any help let me know.

Terry.

Jules,

You will need to pre book a quote, dont quote me on this but I think you will need a claim number, although you can get a quote done for private work and then make a claim if the cost is too high. As I said before though they can be expensive, they charge per dent, we had one car that has been quoted at $2700, still cheaper than conventional repairs. Good luck and if you need any help let me know.

Terry.

$2,700??? Seriously??!!

They're only dimples (13 on the bonnet and 3 on the roof!!) - no paint damage!! Wowsers!! Our hail stones were only the golf ball sized ones, not the tennis balls!! :wideeyed:

Didn't notice the dents until we really looked!! (But now that I know they are there...:arghh:)

Wish I hadn't looked now!!

Will get Glen to phone them tomorrow to see if we can book in for a quote!!

Thanks Terry!!

Jules

Guest Hearne_Family
$2,700??? Seriously??!!

They're only dimples (13 on the bonnet and 3 on the roof!!) - no paint damage!! Wowsers!! Our hail stones were only the golf ball sized ones, not the tennis balls!! :wideeyed:

Didn't notice the dents until we really looked!! (But now that I know they are there...:arghh:)

Wish I hadn't looked now!!

Will get Glen to phone them tomorrow to see if we can book in for a quote!!

Thanks Terry!!

Jules

$2700 seems a lot but there were dents to the bonnet, guards, roof, bootlid, doors and quarters!

Archived