Advice on 176 visa

twinkletoes35

Hello All

For those in the know this is probably going to sound like a silly question, I am new to the site and this is my my first posting so please be gentle with me...

I am a registered nurse looking to move out to Oz, having looked at the 175 visa it looks like I only get 115 points that includes taking the english test, sorry forgot its name.

So I am looking at the 176, however from some of the postings I have read suggests that you need to have a certain amount of capital behind you, this this correct?

Any other advice on the visa process would be appreciated from one and all.

Thanks TT x

Guest gingerdingo

Hi. each state sponsorship requirement differs as you say. The only 2 state sponsor requirrements I know are

1. WA - no proof of finances requirred, but must stay in WA for first 2 years

2.Queensland - $20k for one applicant, $30k for two applicants and $4k if taking any children, so in total for a family of four is $34000 aus dollar. You also have to stay and work in Queensland for the first 2 years.

We are also applying for the state sponsorship due to falling short on points. My wife - nurse - takes the IELTS in April.

Hope it goes well and stay in touch

Guest JK2510

Hi, 1. WA - no proof of finances requirred, but must stay in WA for first 2 years

WA have stated in our contract that we will be bringing in to oz the amount we totalled up when it came to the whole relocation cost from flights to general household costs! Back when we applied the AU$ was 2.2 so that helped!

Panicked straight away and called my agent who said this is a new thing they have been adding in(he called them sneaky) but they wont hold you to it as things change ie housing markets in uk and job losses etc......

BEWARE!!!!

Jodie

Hello All

For those in the know this is probably going to sound like a silly question, I am new to the site and this is my my first posting so please be gentle with me...

I am a registered nurse looking to move out to Oz, having looked at the 175 visa it looks like I only get 115 points that includes taking the english test, sorry forgot its name.

So I am looking at the 176, however from some of the postings I have read suggests that you need to have a certain amount of capital behind you, this this correct?

Any other advice on the visa process would be appreciated from one and all.

Thanks TT x

If you apply to the ACT you do need 20,000 AUD for the main applicant and then 5,000 for each dependant. This must be cash in the bank and the ACT require you to submit bank account statements for the past 3 months to show the activity in your account. If you dont have the finances you must complete a financial declaration stating how you will support yourself for the first 6 months. ACT also requested we give details of any of the equity that we have - things like equity from house sale, car sale etc. I believe that the ACT are quite strict in relation to the amount of funds you have. Basically they want you to prove you have the funds to move without the state supporting you. We have just completed our SS for ACT so any questions let me know

Suzanne

Guest itsSHIRLEY

Hi all, i am applying for a skills assessment as an adult nurse. will then be applying for a 176 if i can find enough funds. queensland emailed me that the onus is on the apllicant to show that they have enough funds to support themselves in the shortterm while looking for a job. so they dont specify a set amount. i think this makes it harder as you are not sure how much they will think is enough.

Hi Twinkletoes, we are in the same position as you. The OH is a reg Nurse, she being the main applicant and since the MODL points were removed we have only 115 points. As we speak my skills are being assesed by TRA this will give us an extra 5 points for the 175 visa under partner skills...........are you going with a partner and do they have skills that are required ???? just a thought.................

Archived