skills assessment?

Lucysdream

Hi all, looking for process a state visa under partners name as he is a welder. An agent has said we need to do skills assessment first, can anyone tell me what this involves and what we have to do? All feedback qould be a great help. Thank you :hug:

Guest alanmarybella

i think all you need to do is a TRA trade recognition australia its what we are waiting for so we can aply for SS

hi my fella is a boilermaker by trade (known in uk as a plater). similar to a welder so he tells me. u need to do a tra assessment. its quite lengthy and u will need to get hold of your other halfs apprentiship details. proof of where he attendeid, certificates, proof of employment, letters of reference from college, apprentiship, work, letters from colleagues. he will need to write a lengthy list of what he does on a daily basis, down to the nitty gritty basic stuff, basically he has to prove where he trained to be a welder, and then prove his employment since, be as detailed as possible. we had some difficulty sorting all this out due to my fella completing his training in 1994, so some companies were no more, people had moved on to pastures new, and training establishments no longer existed. all in all it took us about 3 months to collect all required evidence.

hope this helps,

Archived