Halls Gap

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

I cannot believe in all our time here we only found this gem yesterday.

We decided to have a day off work (believe me it doesn't happen often as I am sure a lot of the PIO members on here will tell you) and head off for a days drive, we had no idea where we were heading but we needed to escape for a few hours. We ended up at Halls Gap at 2pm, wow what a beautiful area, I really wish we had put on our walking boots as there were lots of wonderful trails you could take. We walked across the Bellfield Lake and drove up to Mt William (unfortunately we didn't climb to the summit as we weren't really equipped). The time flew and it was soon 6.30pm, I managed to convince the OH to stay for the night, however most of the accommodation was fully booked. We headed for the Big 4, the owners were lovely but again we were told there was no vacancies, I told them not to worry we would just drive back, but then they said they had one 2 bed available but they don't usually allow children in but on this occasion they would make allowances. It was a wonderful place to stay and I would highly recommend it and would definitely return (well with a bit more planning to include the essentials at least).

Once we had booked in we headed off back in to Halls Gap and had dinner, there were kangaroos everywhere, even near the outdoor swimming pool and children play area. I totally lost count of how many were around and they were all so tame.

We then decided to have one quick drive to another lookout before bed. It was amazing and the views were stunning. Unfortunately it had started to rain so the photos didn't come out at all.

I just wish we had found this place earlier but never mind as we will definitely be back again.

Guest The Pom Queen

LOL, yes I think we need to plan a little better next time. I could have easily spent the full weekend there but OH said we had to get back to work:cry:

Guest juliemtaylor

where is Halls Gap then?? hoping to see some roos soon...

Glad you had a lovely break Kate!

Julie x

Guest The Pom Queen
where is Halls Gap then?? hoping to see some roos soon...

Glad you had a lovely break Kate!

Julie x

Hi Hun

How are you doing? Sorry about the weather:no:

Halls Gap is around 4 hours from us close to the SA Border in the Grampians.

If you are wanting roos, head to Cardinia Reservoir near Narre Warren North/Berwick.

Kate

Guest juliemtaylor

Kate, doing fine, kids start school tomorrow. Hubby had first interview here in Oz today.. getting there..

Julie x

Guest sioux

Its a lovely piece of the world. Try McKensie falls it is breath taking and a nice place to bathe and picnic at the bottom....but the walk back up is ...well my legs wouldn't work half way up lol.

Try Mount Gambier. Most east southly point, just inside the SA border. It has a blue lake which changes colour in September and March [don't quote months] I have seen it both colours from steely grey then a turquoise blue. Fascinating it is.

Have a Happy life. x x x

Archived