4 days in!!

johnd

been back four days and we both know we have made the right choice. we lived in oz for nearly 3 years, got our citizenship etc,etc. but we both feel complete being in the uk, friends ,family ,etc. we will go back to oz at some point in our lives but i doubt it will be the big move never to return, maybe a 6 month working holiday, having the oz passport gives us the choice. now to the subject that has been pricking me ever since we decided to come home. some of the worst people i met in oz were ex-pats, i found a lot,not all, were self congratuating pains in the bum, and if you dared say you wanted/were going back to the uk scorn would be poured on you. this is all in a conversation were i have stated that oz is a good place just not for me, no negatives at all. i know this post will be slammed by people but think of this, if two aussies were to bump into each other in a bar in london and one said that he was off back to oz as the uk just wasnt for him, the other guy,(who for the purposes of this scenario is staying), would more than likley say ,"good on ya mate, can i shout ya beer", with brit ex-pats its always usually negative. just something to think about.

Guest siamsusie

been back four days and we both know we have made the right choice. we lived in oz for nearly 3 years, got our citizenship etc,etc. but we both feel complete being in the uk, friends ,family ,etc. we will go back to oz at some point in our lives but i doubt it will be the big move never to return, maybe a 6 month working holiday, having the oz passport gives us the choice. now to the subject that has been pricking me ever since we decided to come home. some of the worst people i met in oz were ex-pats, i found a lot,not all, were self congratuating pains in the bum, and if you dared say you wanted/were going back to the uk scorn would be poured on you. this is all in a conversation were i have stated that oz is a good place just not for me, no negatives at all. i know this post will be slammed by people but think of this, if two aussies were to bump into each other in a bar in london and one said that he was off back to oz as the uk just wasnt for him, the other guy,(who for the purposes of this scenario is staying), would more than likley say ,"good on ya mate, can i shout ya beer", with brit ex-pats its always usually negative. just something to think about.

Pleased you are happy Johnd.. you just followed your instincts. Your ultimate happiness has to be the most important to you and your family. You have the summer to look forward to always a good time to go home. I sincerely hope you enjoy your life, best wishes Susie:wubclub:

Guest Letasha

Hey John

Welcome back to the UK!!! Just in time for the snow lol - hope you brought ur sledge. I have to congratulate you on making a huge decision -TWICE! In my opinion you are very brave and its admirable that you gave it such a good go! Hope you settle back in quickly and as you say you can always go back to Oz if the fancy takes you.

Good luck with everything :0)

Congratulations on making the big move back!! Like you we have been in Oz nearly 3yrs and got our Aussie citizenship. We are also hoping to make the move back once we have sold our house. Seems like a lot of people find it difficult to accept this place is just not for us!! Amazing that the country is.

All the best for your future plans.

Louise.x

Guest Guest31881

Australia is not utopia for everyone. Your post is honest and explains your reasons. I applaud you for trying Australia and giving it a chance, and as you say one day you may be back, even if its for a Holiday or a WHV. Good luck in the UK

good on ya mate,your right about people in england being negative (hell its one of the things were good at) ,theres a lot of people who will say stay here dont follow your dreams there all losers , but you tried it most of them cant see past the sad little ditch they call life once again good on ya ,remember lifes a journey not a destination

Archived