schools in oz ??????

Guest lilz&evez

Guest lilz&evez

:)heyahhh i am lili im 12m parents realli want 2 move 2 ozz and i dont be myt just hav annouf points so a little scared

:( if any won hus is movin r is ther alreadi hu noes about schs and if its esay 2 fit in i am veri settled at m sch now and i realli dont want to move until m found a big house wth a pool on da internet i hav lotts of questions i would lyk 2 ask if ok abot schs and th UNIFORM do u hav 2 wear hats ???????>?>??lili

Hi Lili,

My daughter Alex is 12. She was 11 when we arrived in January and was in year 7 which is the last year of Primary here in Aus. She will go to High School in January.

Alex and her yonger brother love school here, they have settled in very well and made lots of friends. Alex says the work is a little different but she hasn't found it to be any harder than in the UK. The big difference is they learn Japanese at her school instead of French, but she hopes to continue French at High School.

You have to wear a hat to play outside at her school - it's a rule and if you don't have a hat you have to sit in the shade. Girls can wear skirt, shorts or skort, and Alex wears a school polo shirt and skort. You also don't have to wear 'school shoes' you can wear trainers (or runners as they call them). There aren't any school dinners at her school or canteen so she takes a packed lunch.

If you have any questions she'll be happy to chat or send you an email (she's at school at the moment). Get your mum or dad to send me a PM and we can exchange emails.

Ali

Guest lilz&evez

thank u 4 that info m mum and dad will pm if thats ok were do u liv in oz ?>?? wer thinkin movin 2 a place called geelong

lili

Guest tania

Hi

Thank you for helping Lily!! At 12 she is unsure about a move!! we are still looking into the visa and are 20 points short so may consider Adelaide.Where are you living, how have you found your move, living in oz and is it what dreams are made of!!!?Any information about your experiences would be very helpful! Thanks again and have a good day! Tania

Archived