Reluctant 11 year old daughter !!!

Guest Iain H

Hello Community,

We are a family of five ( 3 kids – two daughters, 11 & 9 & son of 6 ). We are going to be back in Brisbane over Easter for a couple of weeks for our second visit to nail down our preferred areas to potentially relocate to early next year. Our problem is that our 11 year old daughter is having a bit of a tough time in coming to terms with our impending emigration. She gets upset even if we talk about it in front of her. Our younger two are fine about it. With the above said, I was wondering if there are any like-minded Brit families in the Brisbane area that have made the move with a reluctant child of that sort of age who may want to meet up whilst we are there to share their experiences. Our eldest daughter enjoys sports ( netball in particular ), our younger daughter is a dancer and our little man is football crazy. It would be especially great to hear from you if your child settled after a sticky start and began to enjoy life over there. This ‘meet-up’ idea seemed a beneficial thing to do on the recently screened “Wanted Down Under” series so if there is any similarly aged families out there who wants to meet up for a chat and a beer somewhere, it would be great to hear from you. Also welcomed would be written input via the forum from those who can offer their opinion.

Thanks All

Iain H and family X:confused:

Hi Iain

I have a sports mad 13 year old daughter, and also a keen netballing 11 (on Wednesday) daughter......and a dance mad 7 year old daughter!

They were much younger when we moved to Australia, so we did not have problems with them not wanting to make the move. However, we did move up to Brisbane from Sydney in 2007, so we moved them away from 5 years in 1 place to another.

They have all settled so well and absolutely love living here. Where will you be staying when you come over? If it's anywhere near the Bayside, then you are really welcome to come over and your daughter can meet with my girls, and chat to them about life in Australia etc.

Love

Rudi

x

Archived