Taking cats on internal flights

sgperry

hi,

hoping someone can help - I will be flying two cats over to Sydney from London, and they will spend a month in quarantine at Eastern Creek.

After they are released, I'd like to fly them on to Brisbane or Maroochydoore.

Anyone flown cats / dogs on internal flights? Is it easy enough to arrange? Do I need special permits, etc to do it?

any insight much appreciated,

cheers sg

Hi sg, our cat has just finished quarantine at Eastern Creek, and we used Animal Transport to fly him up to Brisbane from Sydney. I would highly recommend them, their prices were very reasonable and the staff were very helpful and answered my emails very promptly. I don't think they are too far away from Eastern Creek quarantine station either. If I can help further, let me know,

Regards, Diane

Ps Our cat didn't require any further paperwork, apart from authorisation letter to AQIS informing them that someone else (not on Import Permit) would be collecting him. Animal Transport sorted it tho - very easy.

hi David.

Thanks for the info. May I also ask you a few questions about your cat and Eastern Creek?

- did you visit him there?

- did you provide anything else for him for his stay? e.g. extra bedding, toys, scratching post, treats?

- if so, how did you get these to him?

I read in another thread that the accom for cats in Melb quarantine is very spartan, so wondering what it is like in Eastern Creek.

cheers sg

My sister used the company Dogtainers to fly a cat and a dog from Canberra to Hobart and a return trip for the dog.

She was very happy with them and I was very impressed with their representatives at this (Hobart) end.

Their website:

Animal Transport, Pet Transport, Dog Transport, Cat Transport, Air Transport, Road Transport, Transportation, Interstate Transport, Overseas Transport - Dogtainers

Hi sg, we didn't send anything with our cat other than an old duvet cover and blanket (that smelled of us) that we put into the bottom of his crate that he flew out in. I didn't send any toys, feeding bowls or treats as I didn't want Boris (the cat) to be hassled/stressed by customs/quarantine, he's 13 and can be quite anti social. I also didn't know if he would soil his crate during the flight - he didn't as it happens. We are in Brisbane, so we didn't visit Eastern Creek, although I did ring and speak to his carer a few times who was more than happy to help. I was quite surprised when Boris arrived at Brisbane to see that his crate was clean and his original bedding still there. I hope this helps, but if I can help further, please let me know.

Regards, Diane

Archived