Fatal school stabbing

Guest Richard and carole

Guest Richard and carole

Safety is paramount deffinately susie. Someone or something failed today and no one wants or will take the blame for this terrible ordeal. The boy in question has done a wrong and will be punished for the rest of his life and has to live with the guilt, that must be a sentance for life. He has to live with it and wake every day his life is ruined and a life has been taken. Parents, i carn't imagine how they are feeling. I feel safety failed in a schoolground and needs to be addressed.

Guest guest33730
I do understand paeople's apathy when the Courts are handing down such abysmal sentences though Daniel...we should be accepting non other than zero tolerance, I dont care about any mitigating circumstances! safety is paramount!

Problem is Susie that society has decided it can't afford the £40,000 + per year that it costs to keep each prisoner behind bars - The UK already has one of the highest proportion of people in prison in the world (still behind America though)

Is it wrong of me to want to make some of these kids do military service, particularly if they are caught offending?

Daniel

Problem is Susie that society has decided it can't afford the £40,000 + per year that it costs to keep each prisoner behind bars - The UK already has one of the highest proportion of people in prison in the world (still behind America though)

Is it wrong of me to want to make some of these kids do military service, particularly if they are caught offending?

Daniel

All that does iis make them stronger thugs. The military is based on discipline or it was and you have to conform to the discipline. If you are a kid off the rails rebelling against discipline it wont work, all the beasting is now banned in the forces (another issue) . Instead of being in the military run the prison like a glasshouse ( military prison) be discipline there

Guest siamsusie

Daniel

To be honest Daniel I dont know what the solution is, one thing for sure is then when parents are scared to let their children onto the streets or old people are reticent about leaving their homes, then we have a huge social problem that must be addressed, because these are the true prisoners that are actually costing society a fortune in medication/social welfare etc etc.

One of the few times I saw the British public up in arms was the advent of poll tax, and actually I was in total admiration that bums had been lifted from chairs to get out there and confront the "woman"... albeit todays tragic happening occurred in Brisbane. I find it totally unacceptable that every time a child is playing on the streets a parents heart is in their mouths whether they be 4/5 or 16/18 , hence we have to make ourselves heard whether it be Westminster or Canberra... does this make sense? Susie

Guest Richard and carole

Been watching the news tonight and it looks like the boy in question has come from a respectable family and good background with loving parents. Also what came out the news was my daughters school has been mentioned on two other incidents which have been kept quiet up to now? I feel that this is wrong and my daughter was shocked to hear about this first hand on the telly tonight. She is annoyed that the school have not had the guts to say to the children that this has happened and can the rest of the school look out for anything suspicious and report it. My daughter is going to ask the head why this was not made public to the school so everyone can be made aware and address a problem stright away instead of brushing it under the carpet. We have all got to stop turning a blind eye and see what is happening in the real world.

Archived