Fatal school stabbing

Guest Richard and carole

Guest guest33730

For those who haven't read the thread I know no one will care but........ Kev, (itcouldbeworse) said this morning that his son Josh goes to that school and has come home pretty upset - very very sad!

It made me think however that in the UK I have got numbed to this kind of thing as it happens so frequently - I am looking forward to living in a country where this is not accepted as the 'norm'.

Daniel

Guest Richard and carole

Cal, I aso feel for both familys, it's not always what's hapened but what's been happening to lead him to so such a terrible act. This boy needed some serious help as he will be a victim forever for a moment of madness. They are only children 12/13 Poor things.

Cal, I aso feel for both familys, it's not always what's hapened but what's been happening to lead him to so such a terrible act. This boy needed some serious help as he will be a victim forever for a moment of madness. They are only children 12/13 Poor things.

Totally agree there has to be underlying issues between these 2 kids and i think its so sad that 2 familys lives are now ruined from what will probably turn out to have started through school yard *** for tat.

Cal x

Guest guest30038
Totally agree there has to be underlying issues between these 2 kids and i think its so sad that 2 familys lives are now ruined from what will probably turn out to have started through school yard *** for tat.

Cal x

Can't say much publicly, but it will all come out in the end. Any presumptions though, should not be based on the perpetrator being the "instigator" and his wounds being inflicted in the fight.

As has been said, it's a sad state of affairs for all concerned as a child is just that..........both so young...........it's so sad.

kev

Guest Guest31881

Tragic absolutley tragic, My heart goes out to both of the families and Elliots friends. Life will never be the same for them. Such a waste of a young life.

Guest Richard and carole

Kev and Bridget, My heart goes out to you for your son Josh as he will be so sad and in terrible shock. I wish you peace and comfort and hope you get some support at this awful time.

Guest Richard and carole

Daniel, Is this true? it happens so frequently your nubbed. I am totally worried now as we are thinking of going back but when i hear this it scares me.

Guest guest33730
Daniel, Is this true? it happens so frequently your nubbed. I am totally worried now as we are thinking of going back but when i hear this it scares me.

It may be just perception but it feels like every week another child is shot or stabbed - admittedly not always at school - certainly our press likes to highlight every event like this. I suppose it's like anywhere though, if you choose to live in an inner city area in the UK where gangs are prevalent then your chances are not as good as if you live in a country town - although that may be my perception also I suppose.

Daniel

p.s. i am only talking about the UK and not linking the event in Queensland to gangs etc

Guest proud2beaussie

I don't want to take the thread off topic but I just have to ask,why oh why did a 13 year old have a knife at school? I'm just not used to this sort of news in Australia,it's the sort of thing that you hear about happening in the US and somehow it seems so unreal that it could happen here.

I guess in the world we live in it can happen anywhere,but why.

Tragic,tragic,tragic,that's all I can say.

Guest siamsusie
I don't want to take the thread off topic but I just have to ask,why oh why did a 13 year old have a knife at school? I'm just not used to this sort of news in Australia,it's the sort of thing that you hear about happening in the US and somehow it seems so unreal that it could happen here.

I guess in the world we live in it can happen anywhere,but why.

Tragic,tragic,tragic,that's all I can say.

Every day in London I heard of similar happenings and the sad thing is, it isnt shocking anymore.... how tragic is that.... kids in many instances are working through metal detectors before entgering school. unheard of a few years back. Susie

PS I was shocked this morning, I dont know why but hopefully they will bring in "Elliot's Law" to ensure this isnt going to be the norm.

Guest guest30038
I don't want to take the thread off topic but I just have to ask,why oh why did a 13 year old have a knife at school?

Perhaps he was at the end of his tether? Just before we left the Uk one kid was being bullied incessantly and took a knife to school thinking it would frighten his tormentor. Unfortunately, it didn't, and in the heat of the moment. he resorted to using it. Luckily his tormentor was only injured, but it begs the question how much the kid with the knife had suffered to resort to such an act?

kev

Guest Richard and carole

Why does it have to get this far before anyone does anything.Or more importantly what is going on in this world. I am trying my best as a mum with such terrible things around us happening and what do you say and do in such terrible situations. We want to protect our vulnerable children as they are not understanding there feelings,thoughts and actions. Maybe they grow up to quick and a lot of pressure on them.

Guest Richard and carole

Kev, With you definately, but i just wish someone was there to help the situation. I think the lesson is stop think, then take a deep breath before you act.

Guest proud2beaussie

Yes Kev I understand what you are saying completlely,maybe he just "snapped",I guess some of the circumstances may be revealed in the investigation but we may never know the full story of what happened,either way it's a total tragedy.

Guest guest33730

I know I mentioned it earlier but I really am pleased everybody seems shocked by the news - it's made me realise just how after a while we (I) can just begin to accept things which really should never be accepted - I suppose that's what moral decline is all about. I was taught to open doors for ladies, stand up on a bus if a lady or elderly person needed a seat - bit by bit I think I've let things slip occasionally - same happens with the bigger stuff. At first it would be unthinkable to carry a knife - now it is expected in some circles (at least around Glasgow), then we have to introduce metal detectors in our schools but even that seems to me to perpetuate the problem as it sends out the message that we are expecting that our kids will be carrying knives etc.

Ahhhh - what a sick world we live in at times - what if today we all did one thing that would change this world for good? What if we did that everyday and so did everyone else, maybe just maybe we could reverse the trend?? We can't give up can we?? - We need to become outraged again for things we have accepted over time - or is just me??

Daniel

Guest Richard and carole

But what would we change? or how can we reverse it. Good point though something does need to be done though. Awarness, support and communication and most of all Trust is a good start for children. I think they need these things to reason, then there might be hope.

Guest guest33730
But what would we change? or how can we reverse it. Good point though something does need to be done though. Awarness, support and communication and most of all Trust is a good start for children. I think they need these things to reason, then there might be hope.

Start taking responsibility for our own actions and those of our family rather than blaming others or society. Maybe mentioning when we don't find things acceptable that we see about our day. Taking an interest in other peoples lives rather than being too busy. Even noticing and intervening in situations?

Ultimately it does put us at risk of being vilified or attacked ourselve, however it may be the only way things will change again and we can leave a better legacy for future generations

Daniel

Guest siamsusie
Start taking responsibility for our own actions and those of our family rather than blaming others or society. Maybe mentioning when we don't find things acceptable that we see about our day. Taking an interest in other peoples lives rather than being too busy. Even noticing and intervening in situations?

Ultimately it does put us at risk of being vilified or attacked ourselve, however it may be the only way things will change again and we can leave a better legacy for future generations

Daniel

I do understand paeople's apathy when the Courts are handing down such abysmal sentences though Daniel...we should be accepting non other than zero tolerance, I dont care about any mitigating circumstances! safety is paramount!

Archived