anyone flew air asia????

possie in brissy

Hi we are looking to return to the UK later this yr, after being here over 4 years. we need to get from Brisbane to liverpool/Manchester with a stop in Phuket!!!!. we ave been lookin at Air asia, Gold coast to KL, KL to phuket, couple of nights to grab our bargains then onward to London, meet family in london then home to liverpool. Air asia is coming out much the cheapest around $550 per person (obviously one way), plus meals. I think this is a great deal, but i dont know anyone who has flew air asia, forums have been given me mixed messages, some good, some bad, we have flew Singapore and Ethihad B4 and they were both great, Any feedback good or bad will be greatly recieved.

Thanks

Possie:chatterbox:

Guest siamsusie
Hi we are looking to return to the UK later this yr, after being here over 4 years. we need to get from Brisbane to liverpool/Manchester with a stop in Phuket!!!!. we ave been lookin at Air asia, Gold coast to KL, KL to phuket, couple of nights to grab our bargains then onward to London, meet family in london then home to liverpool. Air asia is coming out much the cheapest around $550 per person (obviously one way), plus meals. I think this is a great deal, but i dont know anyone who has flew air asia, forums have been given me mixed messages, some good, some bad, we have flew Singapore and Ethihad B4 and they were both great, Any feedback good or bad will be greatly recieved.

Thanks

Possie:chatterbox:

There is nothing wrong with them but its a very low cost carrier, as you stated food and drink have to be purchased, and you are breaking up your trip in Phuket which will make it easier. If you compared Ryan Air/Easyjet with Singapore thats what you would be getting. Nigel should be around tomorrow he could give you the run down or perhaps find another alternative for you.

Best wishes Susie

Guest siamsusie

Possie. the luggage allowance is:

Checked Baggage: A baggage fee is charged for the carriage of Checked Baggage, which will be charged at a discounted rate if purchased at time of booking or up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure or at a full rate at the Airport Check-in counters. A minimum of 15kg of Checked Baggage may be purchased at first instance and then in increments of 5kg. Any passenger checking in baggage which exceeds 15kgs or the amount purchased at time of booking will be charged on a per kg basis at the Airport Check-in counters. Please refer to our fee schedule for details on all rates. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.

So if you are going shopping in Phuket then maybe bear the allowances in mind best wishes Susie

Guest guest17301

We flew Perth to Bali with AirAsia, cheap and cheerful, can purchase front row bulkhead seats if available for $10 each, loads more leg room, very comfy. Food and drink is purchaseable but cheap and not bad quality. I wouldn't like to think I was on one of their planes for 21 hrs but fine for a short trip and if it's broken up, no worries. Just remember you need to pay for checked baggage and meals. Doesn't add too much to the cost in my opinion.

We flew Perth to Bali with AirAsia, cheap and cheerful, can purchase front row bulkhead seats if available for $10 each, loads more leg room, very comfy. Food and drink is purchaseable but cheap and not bad quality. I wouldn't like to think I was on one of their planes for 21 hrs but fine for a short trip and if it's broken up, no worries. Just remember you need to pay for checked baggage and meals. Doesn't add too much to the cost in my opinion.

ITs a pain to the uk tho FI , you have to recheck in move terminals customs and move your cases all over , and the flights are long times between connections but cool for jollydays to asia

Guest rachellh

Can't say what they like, but I'm hoping they are OK! We're booked with them in July. We're stopping off in KL on the way and then have upgraded to the 'business class' seats for the London leg. I'm not expecting great things, and I've heard the food it awful so not worth paying for, but for me I'd rather get a bigger seat and take a sandwich than be squashed up with a hard bread roll on another airline!

Tickets for 4 of us were cheaper than other airlines - even with business class and luggage allowance upgraded to 100kg.

Rachel

Guest Laura100

I flew Air asia back from UK last year Stansted to KL and KL to Melbourne. They are fine as long as you have a break in the middle.....Stansted to KL wasn't that much different to a Quantas flight....KL to Melbourne plane had less room but I had a whole row of seats to myself as the flight was not fully booked so it was fine and that bit is only 8 hours so not too bad

Enjoy!

Guest proud2beaussie

I wouldn't recommend them for long haul flights,the seats,even the "XL" ones are too uncomfortable,the cabin crew are a bit "hit and miss" from my experience and the need to collect luggage at Kuala Lumpur is unacceptable from a convenience point of viiew IMO,they are fine for relatively short/medium haul flights from Australia to Asia but for extended journey like on the Aus-UK route I couldn't recommend them.

They are cheap certainly,and if all you want is a cheap fare and can put up with the seats etc then it is only 24 hours out of your life after all,but I wouldn't fly with them on a long journey again.

Then again I have done it once when they first started flying the route and I survived.

Archived