Non migrating children under 18

RoseBrown1972

My hubby has 2 children one 16 and 18 that are estranged. They are required to have a medical but we have asked for a waiver on the grounds that the relationship has broken down sufficiently that we can't ask. The 18 year old has only just turned 18 and wasn't when the medical was requested.

Having taken lots of advice we did a statutory declaration giving reasons why this request for them should be waived, we have a migrant agent who said what we provided was fine and that we have sufficient grounds to explain why we are in this situation.

We had medicals end of November, they were logged as finalised 5.1.10 which I think means that we have passed that requirement and our police checks are fine. I know that no one will commit to an exact timeframe but I've seen people on this forum with the same visa type (175 GS) and same job (accountant) and they have followed the same timeline as us and some later than us and they all seem to have their visas granted. Some within a few days of the medicals being finalised!

It seems to me that the waiver is what is slowing the process down! Has anyone been through this situation?

Thanks

Archived