12 yr old hopefully moving to melbourne

Guest MissyKCornwall

Guest MissyKCornwall

Heyy im 12 and hopefully moving to oz within the next 2 years!!!!

I'm quite worried so does anyone have any information about schools and stuff!!! Im either moving to melbourne or sydney so my stepdad can get work !!! I dont know what to do because i will be leaving all my friends and family behind i mean i will visit my dad during the holidays!!!

Hows the weather in oz??????

any one my age!!!! i would love to talk to!!!!!

Anyone in the same situation!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

MissyKCornwall

Guest juliemtaylor

Hi,

My daughter is 13 and we are leaving for Oz (Melbourne) on 20th Feb, she has already left all her friends and is upset. But I know she will soon settle with our help into a new school. The schools where we are going to have good websites that tell you what subjects and what else they do.

Good Luck

Julie x

Hi,

My daughter is 13 and we are leaving for Oz (Melbourne) on 20th Feb, she has already left all her friends and is upset. But I know she will soon settle with our help into a new school. The schools where we are going to have good websites that tell you what subjects and what else they do.

Good Luck

Julie x

Hi Julie,

I have two daughters who will be 13 & 9 this year. We are moving to Melbourne at the end of April. The younger one is fine about the move, but the older one is not happy about leaving her friends, which is understandable.

I told her that there will be lots of other children in the same boat and it would be great if maybe we could get the girls together if we are going to be living near to eachother. We are hoping to settle in Berwick, as the commute for my OH is do-able and the house prices aren't too scary. Where are you hoping to settle?

Victoria

Hi MissyKCornwall,

What I have tried to tell my daughter is that it is hard to see the positives at the moment, she can only see what she is leaving behind, not all the great things that she will gain.

You sound like a lovely girl, with her head screwed on right, I'm sure that you will have no problems at all making a great new set of friends and instead of hanging around at the park in the cold, you and your new friends can go to the beach. I know what I'd prefer.

Your real friends will stay in touch with you, just think of it as a great adventure.

All the best

Victoria

both my girls are 11 going on 12 and in the same boat and very nervous about starting to make friends again but got to say been here 2 weeks and even walking around the local shops all the kids smile and say hello to both the girls so you will be fine xx

carole x

• 1 month later...
Guest auzy08

heyaaaaa my names kloe and im 12 :)

well ive emigrated to australia once beforeeee, i visited most of it.

anddd i thoughtt melbournee and sydneyy weree the bestt places in australiaaa.

sydneyy is a very busy place, but also a very beautiful place, it has alot of things youu cann doo thereeee. and melbournee iss alsoo a very nice placeee.

im moving back to australiaa next year and are also thinking about moving to melbourne or sydney. hope this helped :D xxxx

Archived