Need some clarity over self packing our stuff for shipping back to uk

Guest kktscot

Guest kktscot

Hi guys

We move back to scotland in 8 weeks, and i want a service where...

-We pack the belongings

-the removal company picks them up and delivers the to our UK address

-We unpack.

Is this possible? I would think the answer is obviously yes, but finding it very hard looking on removalists websites to work out what this service is called, insurance implications and cost info.

Also how do you guys get a cost quote... do you just guesstimate the amount you will be taking, or do you pack it all up then get the quote? I have no idea how many tea chests or book cartons it will be... we are leaving most and just taking clothes, books etc and our mattress.

Any advice from anyone who has done a similar thing would be appreciated.

Many thanks

KKT

I've just had a guy over from OSS to assess the stuff we have to ship back and he's going to get back to me with variations on a quote - ie having a 20ft container delivered, packing it all ourselves etc versus them doing it all, or them sharing the packing with us. Our friends moved back 2 years ago and basically had the container delivered, my husband helped them pack all of the stuff in and they picked up the container some 3-4 hours later. It cost them about $3.5k, I think.

Don't know if this helps, but I suggest getting 3 quotes from different companies and playing them off against each other.

Guest kktscot

This is great information - thanks... I didnt know that that was an option but it sounds like it could save us a fair bit of money.

ta!

KKT

Archived