tra ASSESMENT

thunee71

Hi

My trade ( Instruments) will normally fall under Electronic instruments tradesperson catergory.

But I want to apply for Electronic equipment tradesperson becsue this is on the CSL and MODL.Some of the critera for this trade applies to me.

What happens if a I submitt TRA for Electronic equipment tradespserson and they find that i am not suitable do they:

1.Refuse application all together

or

2. Do my assesment for Instrument tradesperson.

Can some one give me some guidance.

Thanks

D:wacko:

Guest rachbarlow
Hi

My trade ( Instruments) will normally fall under Electronic instruments tradesperson catergory.

But I want to apply for Electronic equipment tradesperson becsue this is on the CSL and MODL.Some of the critera for this trade applies to me.

What happens if a I submitt TRA for Electronic equipment tradespserson and they find that i am not suitable do they:

1.Refuse application all together

or

2. Do my assesment for Instrument tradesperson.

Can some one give me some guidance.

Thanks

D:wacko:

Don't quote me .... but I think that they would refuse you. The DIAC and TRA expect you to apply under what is relevant for your skill. That is why it pays to look into it before commiting to a skill, in my opinion!!! I cannot see them changing your application, as they would say you evidence does not meet the criteria end of.

I think that because they have that many to process it is either a 'yes' or 'no'. These organisations are not helpful or openly advisory (esp. DIAC), at the best of times, so an application they would leave that to you.

I could be wrong, but I cannot see them bending!!! If so I stand corrected. They may advise you once it has been refused??!!

I would advise you to look at both titles and their skills clearly, and look at the evidence you can produce. Then look at which evidence and the job you do, best meets that criteria. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Good luck. Rach.

Hi. Take a look at this page from the TRA website. It says if you don't fit the skilled occupation you have chosen TRA will see if you fit any other category. Once you have submitted your application, you could contact them to see how it is going and ask whether you chose the right skill or not. Good luck.

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Programs/TRA/residenceVisa/Offshore/Pages/faqRV.aspx#what%20occupation%20should%20i%20select

Btw, my Irish friend's husband is originally from Cavan :-)

Sandra

Hi I have a similar problem, I am currently working as an electronic technician but was thinking of applying for electrician(special class). It does describe the main duties of my job but because I already work as an electronic technician I'm not sure whether they would just put put me in that category.

Thanks

Hi,

when I sent my assessment off, I left the "job title" field blank. Tra assessed me with the info I provided, and assessed me as a Toolmaker.

I was in a similar situation, having worked with manual and CNC machines, I could of applied for CNC Machinist, 1st class machinist, metal machinist, and toolmaker.

It maybe best to check (read all the small print), because as other have said, when/if changes (by DIAC, TRA, etc) have been made, they don't always publish the changes "in the most obvious places" - you tend to have "to look for them", hence why being a member (albeit not a very regular one!) of this forum is v.v.v.v helpful - especially if you are not using an agent!!

Hope this helps

Paul

Thanks Paul

Yeah I was thinking about doing that but get 60 ponts for the elctrician(special class) and only 40 for electronic technician.

So when filling in the TRA do you just put down what duties you do at work ?

and I take it they contact your employer to verify what you have put down is correct??

Ian

Hi,

I have had 9 jobs since leaving school (am now 44!), so I wrote down what I did at each place of work (in detail), what my duties were, what my hours were (plus overtime), what machines I used, what equipment and tools I used, (from smallest spanner/screwdriver to the cutters and machine vices etc), measuring equipment.

It is quite a daunting task when you start (well it was for me), especially writing all the info out for the 9 places of work!! It gets a bit repetitive as well, but its worth it in the end.

I contacted the places of work (that still existed) and sent them a copy of my work duties etc, which they verified and put on headed paper for me, and had them signed by HR or dept managers. The companies that didn't exist, I wrote out my work duties etc, printed them out and found a solicitor to verify the statements (which you have to pay for, so shop around).

If you look on the TRA site, there is a document that helps you to fill in the application, you need to read through this and it tells you what else you need to collect. ie passport photos, etc

I'm not sure about your job, because I think all the job descriptions for me were the same value in points. You can get extra points from State sponsership, or doing an english test. (not that you have to if your'e from the UK)

Paul

Archived