Shipping Quotes...........Even more confused now!

Guest EM&M

Guest EM&M

Hello All,

I have had 4 shipping companies in and have received 4 completely different quotes the lowest & highest being £900 apart. One of them (Crown) seems to include everything, quarenteen, cleaning taxes etc and all the others dont. I wondered if any of you can advise me what costs they had to pay in Australia once your shipment arrived.

Why cant they just give you a bloody price and be done with it :arghh:

Em x :biggrin:

Guest Nelson

This is slightly off topic, but we used John Mason who delegate to Wridgways over here. Whilst Mason's appeared to be faultless, it was downhill from the day they turned up on our doorstep here in Oz. 8 months on, the weather has turned significantly colder and I though I would dig my Shirin Guild jumper out... No such luck... It appears that, too, and when I think about about it, a whole host of other clothes are missing, probably in the same box. :sad: This is the ongoing saga of broken furniture, missing furniture, crap service and a useless insurance policy... I would never recommend Mason's to anyone on the basis that they use Wridgways....

I guess I'm just going to have to go out and buy new jumpers but at $1,200 + to replace my lost one, it'll probably be Target or KMart!!! :eek:

Hiya we used Crown (twice) and the price they give you is the price you pay ,thats it ,,unless customs find something that needs cleaning.We have had no problems and everything has been deliverd by polite guys,on time and intact.Crown are apparantly one of the only companys to have a depot here and in the uk so theres no passing the book if anything does go wrong ,,hope this helps

Cal x

Guest EM&M
Hiya we used Crown (twice) and the price they give you is the price you pay ,thats it ,,unless customs find something that needs cleaning.We have had no problems and everything has been deliverd by polite guys,on time and intact.Crown are apparantly one of the only companys to have a depot here and in the uk so theres no passing the book if anything does go wrong ,,hope this helps

Cal x

Hi Cal,

Crowns quote is the highest but as you said it includes everything. Allied also have a depo in Brisbane as I have had a letter from them, however their quote seems to include wrap and pack only, delivery and unpack and nothing else. Problem is when u ask about other costs they seem to be very vague.

I have also found some firms said I can take my sheepskin rug others said no, some said I have to varnish some idea blanket boxes others said they are ok as already treated. Why is this info so different from one company to the other......................:arghh: . OH has buried his head in the sand and it leaving me to get on with it:mad:

Emx

Guest EM&M
This is slightly off topic, but we used John Mason who delegate to Wridgways over here. Whilst Mason's appeared to be faultless, it was downhill from the day they turned up on our doorstep here in Oz. 8 months on, the weather has turned significantly colder and I though I would dig my Shirin Guild jumper out... No such luck... It appears that, too, and when I think about about it, a whole host of other clothes are missing, probably in the same box. :sad: This is the ongoing saga of broken furniture, missing furniture, crap service and a useless insurance policy... I would never recommend Mason's to anyone on the basis that they use Wridgways....

I guess I'm just going to have to go out and buy new jumpers but at $1,200 + to replace my lost one, it'll probably be Target or KMart!!! :eek:

Hi Nelson,

thanks for that, I havent had them out but I know a few people on here have mentioned them. I think there is something to be said about using a company with a depo on-shore.

Cheers

Em x

Hi,

We used John Mason and Wridgeways and they were excellent. Everything accounted for and not one item broken. Wridgeways were more than helpful getting our container through as we were on a deadline with our rental and moving house. It may depend on which part of Aus you're in. I can't fault them in WA (Fremantle depot), and the Liverpool based team that packed our house in UK were excellent.

Ali

Guest alice

Hi there, been in Perth since last september, shipped all our stuff with Britannia. All extra costs were included in the quote from them and we paid nothing once we were here. britannia were excellent - we paid for them to box it all up in the UK (SOOO much less hassle and you are insured for damages then - not if you pack it yourself - DO NOT DO THIS - you have no idea how hard it is to pack a box to full and solid - things will get broken). A few of our items were broken when they arrived but it was easy to take photos and email them to show the damage and the insurers paid out quickly. we insured through the one recommended by Britannia.

the only trouble we did have was with the delivery agent over here (Wridgeways)who lost our completed customs and quarantine documents, didnt contact us when our stuff arrived and then tried to charge us for storage at their depot! I didnt pay them a penny and emailed britannia who sorted it all out for us. our stuff had been in Oz for nearly two months - sitting in a depot just down the road and we had no idea! It was hard as we were still living out of suitcases! still it all worked out in the end and I recommend giving Britannia a bell. Good luck! Alice.x

Archived