Welding jobs in Melbourne

Guest Ange

Guest Ange

Hi guys

OH is a welder and has 15yrs experience. Is there any other welders on PIO who know how difficult it will be for him to get work. I have just been reading some other threads and it's quite frightening to hear how some of you guys have struggled to find work. I thought with the skills shortage he would have no problem in finding a welding job.

Guest graham$nic

Hi Ang carnt help you as we also have put posts on but not much answer my other half past tra on welder aswell but he also electrican and at the moment a technican for abb motorman robotics which has been his job for the last 14 years so we have tired different agencys and he had an interview fron brisbane last teusday which looks promising try looking on seek job site may help hope all goes well for you xx

Guest jen/nee

Hi Ang

My O/H is a welder which he has done since he served his time at Cammell Lairds Shipyard. He had a colleague who was over in OZ 4 weeks ago who said that their are loads of jobs they have them on boards outside the companies so I think its just trial and error when you get there we are in touch with several agencies who advertise on seek.com who all say the same to us once we have the TRA and are application applied for they will start looking into things. We are lucky cause we have already sold our house 12 mths ago so we can as soon as. I think that we maybe intially have to take a drop in wage but a posting on another from a guy who has been is Oz for 7yrs says that if you stick with the lower wage your raises and promotions coming alot quicker than here. I think the work transition is always going to be a worry to us all and something we will have to deal with as and when. I think we have to go out with open minds that it is overall better than here and the quality we will have eventually will be worth it.

Cheers

Jen

Vivere Et Somnaire (Live the Dream):)

Guest Ange

Hi Jen and Nic

Thanks for your replies, I will have a look on seek.com, it's just a bit dis-heartening to hear stories of people going out to Oz and finding it difficult to find work.

Where about in Cheshire are you from Jen?

Guest Abi&Dan

http://www.googlesyndicatedsearch.com/u/AustralianBureauOfStatistics?q=welder&sa=Go&domains=abs.gov.au&sitesearch=abs.gov.au

The above is pretty good - it's on Welders but if you put the trade in the google box it will bring it up.

It tells you the Oz standard for practise and from having a look quite a lot of trades have to be registered to get the big bucks. Hopefully agents would be able to let you know if quals in UK equate to any quals listed here. Registration exams can be done through TAFE colleges (there are loads in each state - just google)

Hope it helps

Guest jen/nee

Hi Ange

I know of it. Not sure, we were going for adelaide but their don't seem to be the jobs there, so looking at Brisbane, Perth maybe Melbourne but I would like brisbane Rockhampton Mackay this is where the mines are and they seem to be the better jobs, but who knows. Still kicking husbands arse to get TRA done.

Jen

Vivere Et Somnaire (Live the Dream)

Archived