Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)

rinny

Hi,

I'm new to this technology, so if this doesn't come out right or look right, please accept my apologies, however, my query is -

my partner and myself are currently getting together all the reqd. info to apply for a general skilled visa.

Unfortunately, my partner is a civil engineer in the UK, but does not have a degree, therefore he has been advised by our migration company that with the skills and experience he has he should try the CDR route under the Washington Accord.

Has anyone else gone down this route? How did it go?

Any advice would be gratefully received

Rinny:jiggy:

Hello Ahmad,

Thanks for your response, it is much appreciated.

Basically, Ian is a Civil Engineer in the UK, but doesn't have a degree, therefore he is classed as an "Engineering Technologist" however, our migration agent advised that they feel that his skills and experience warrant "Civil Engineer" and have advised that we pursue this route.

So, here we are. We have been on the Engineers Australia site and donloaded the booklet, so a report it is and hopefully whoever looks at it agrees.

Thanks again and fingers crossed

• 9 months later...
Hey,

I think you should start the process by e-mailing engineers Australia. Tell them that you will apply for a CDR based on experience, and not on qualifications. Ask whether they will accept file to undergo assessment or not. By visiting their website, you can also download their CDR booklet. It is pretty much helpful.

They approved my CDR in 2 days only. My case was opposite to yours. At the time of application, my CDR was 100% based on qualifications and academic projects, with no mention what so ever to practical engineering experience. So, I hope they will consider your application :)

I would not mind helping you when you decide to write your CDR if you needed me :).

I got my positive assessment in a record time.

CDR delivered to EA on May 26,

CDR positive assessment letter dated May 28

CDR letter received in my mail box June 4

I got professional engineer, Architectural Engineer 2129-79.

I was very lucky.

Let me know how it goes, and I wish you the best of luck :)

Ahmad

Dear Ahmad

I am new to this forum. I am struggling to assemble a CDR to submit to engineers Australia to be assessed for migration purposes. Your offer of helping others in preparation of CDR is excellent.

It will be great if you can help in by sending your CDR or another useful information which i can follow.

Regards

Muhammad

Unfortunately, my partner is a civil engineer in the UK, but does not have a degree, therefore he has been advised by our migration company that with the skills and experience he has he

should try the CDR route under the Washington Accord

are you sure that's what your agent advised, if its so, I seriously doubt competency of your agent.:err:

Hello Ahmad,

Thanks for your response, it is much appreciated.

Basically, Ian is a Civil Engineer in the UK, but doesn't have a degree, therefore he is classed as an "Engineering Technologist" however, our migration agent advised that they feel that his skills and experience warrant "Civil Engineer" and have advised that we pursue this route.

So, here we are. We have been on the Engineers Australia site and donloaded the booklet, so a report it is and hopefully whoever looks at it agrees.

Thanks again and fingers crossed

Hello Rinny,

Is your agent not helping with the skills assessment?

Engineers Australia will not consider a CDR application unless the applicant has at least a 2 year post secondary qualification in Engineering.

The Washington Accord is a list of Accredited Degrees in Engineering for Professional Engineers.

If your husband went to college in the Uk then his qualification may be on the Sydney accord (Engineering Technologist) and a CDR application will not be needed.

If your husband has a qualification on the Sydney accord and you want/need to apply as a Professional Engineer then you can do a CDR application to 'upgrade' your occupation.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Archived