ENS visa does daughter need to be in oz

Juliep

Guest Gollywobbler

Hu Juliep

If you plan to apply for the onshore subclass 856 visa, your daughter will need to be in Oz when you apply and in Oz when the 856 visa is granted. She can go back to the UK in between but she must physically be in Oz at the start and the finish.

Alternatively, just tell your employers that you want the offshore ENS 121 visa. That way it doesn't matter where your daughter is at the start - or you for that matter - and the whole family must be OUTSIDE Australia for a few days when the visa is granted. I'd go to KL or Singapore and tell your daughter to meet you in one or the other just to make things easy with the passport labels for the whole family.

Cheers

Gill

Hey Gill

You are right. How can she get stamp in passport if not present? Maybe mother can carry passport and have it stamped?

Why she had to be present in a time when apllication is lodged? Maybe mother just need evidence daughter rely on her?

I can't see any sense....if you can .... explain.......regardless.....

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Goxian

It is the difference between onshore and offshore visas. With an offshore visa, it doesn't matter where people are at the time of the application but the whole family (everyone included in the visa) must be outside Oz at the time of decision. The Case Officers make sure that everything is ready, then they ask anyone who is in Oz to make arrangements to leave Oz for a few days. The actual decision to grant the visa is deferred until the family has left Australia.

With an onshore visa the rule is that everyone included in the visa must be in Australia at the time of application and must be in Australia again at the time when the visa is granted.

Cheers

Gill

hey Gill,

This is very interesting. Similiar as I said in one of replies to posts...not functioning exactly alike where I am from...and you can see where is it in my profile...and above avatar...heh

Okay, if you say that is how it goes, I will agree...Callin it off for the day....

Cheers !

Archived