Flight Question

emmaroo

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Emma,

It will depend on whether the connecting flight is with the same airline,if it is then generally there is no problem,they would put you on the next flight ,however if the connecting flight is with a different carrier then they have no obligation to make arrangements for you,having said that most airlines are quite understanding,especially if your flight was delayed due to weather etc and they will do their best to help you.

Cheers

Guest proud2beaussie
NigelinOZ..Does it not also depend on if the flights were booked as one tkt, rather than two seperate bookings? Even if the flightswere on different carriers?

From my recent experience no it doesn't make any difference,I have had clients booked on seperate tickets with one airline and they have had no problems despite missing a connecting flight due to weather,I have also had clients booked on one itinerary with two different carriers who ended up missing a flight from Sydney because their connection from a regional airport in NSW was late due to a tech fault.

But as a general rule (not 100% of the time I admit) if you are delayed due to circumstances that you have no control over and you are travelling with one carrier then arrangements will be made to keep inconvenience to you to a minimum.

Guest PommieLady

A couple of years ago we were seriously delayed in travelling to Melbourne as it was fogged in. The flight assistances were extremely unhelpful and as we were nearly six hours late you can imagine how fraught passengers with connections were. We were fortunate and our connection was delayed but other passengers missed their connections with no alternatives being offered. Our connection was only twice a week, as you can imagine it would have been a nightmare if we'd have missed it.

We were also delayed at Melbourne as the plane was grounded due to fog in Newcastle, they then decided to cancel the flight and it was a first come first served basis if you got onto the next flight with the offer of lunch etc if you took flights at the end of the day/night, 12-18 hours later.

When booking flights its worth seeing if you can do it with affiliated airlines as this can mean that there is more responsibility for the whole of your journey.

Archived