John Mason

to Brisbane

20ft sole use

£3660

Crown

to Brisbane

20ft sole use

£4150

Both very professional companies, havent decided who we are going to use yet.

Good luck with you move, where you heading and when.

Debbie

xxx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neil smith

Hi guys,

Would be really usefull if we could get a few prices to compare,

Cheers

Neil

Hi there,

We are just about to start looking into shipping,

I know loads of people have asked how much and what size,

Thought it would be useful if you could let us know:

Company you used :

Where to :

What size :

How much all inclusive £

Cheers in advance

Neil

Hi there

I'm also going through the process of getting quotes from shipping companies, hard work innit?! We're weighing up Brisbane or Melbourne at the mo...

Saw Pickfords yesterday. They quoted us 2700 for three quarters of a 20 foot shared container. Bit of a shock as we didn't think we had that much stuff. Said we had 600 square cubic feet.

John Mason came today. Said we had 650 - 700 square cubic feet (even though I showed him less stuff this time!). Waiting to hear back from him re: a quote but not holding out much hope it'll be much cheaper than Pickfords. I'm a bit confused by the cubic feet estimation already...:wideeyed:

Seeing Crown tomorow and then Bonner and PSS next week.

God knows who we'll end up going with!

cheers, LauLa

Guest neil smith

Cheers for reply,

It's annoying how each company is so different in price, we have crown and pss coming out next week, I will let you know how we get on. I think the idea is haggeling if you can !!

Let me know how you get on,

cheers

NeilQUOTE=laulau;669333]Hi there

I'm also going through the process of getting quotes from shipping companies, hard work innit?! We're weighing up Brisbane or Melbourne at the mo...

Saw Pickfords yesterday. They quoted us 2700 for three quarters of a 20 foot shared container. Bit of a shock as we didn't think we had that much stuff. Said we had 600 square cubic feet.

John Mason came today. Said we had 650 - 700 square cubic feet (even though I showed him less stuff this time!). Waiting to hear back from him re: a quote but not holding out much hope it'll be much cheaper than Pickfords. I'm a bit confused by the cubic feet estimation already...:wideeyed:

Seeing Crown tomorow and then Bonner and PSS next week.

God knows who we'll end up going with!

cheers, LauLa

Guest tramway
We are heading to Manly, Sydney 27th June !!!!

Have you looked into accomm in Manly rented there 10yrs ago and loved it but seems way out of our league now?

Guest macfamily

Hi Neil

Pickfords just packed our stuff today 356 cubic feet for €2250 (Ireland to Perth) Crown had quoted us €3600 and said we would need 500 cubic feet for the same amount of stuff. Pickfords were great, extremely efficient and really made the most of all the space you're allowed. Good luck with the move, we lived in Manly about 16 years ago and loved it, what a great spot to be heading to...as another poster said...way out of our league!!

Guest neil smith

Prices have shot up since we where there, but I have searched every rental website and we are looking at about $500-$550 which we are fine with for first year until we decide where we are going to be or afford to be in the surrounding area.

Want to be somewhere we are familiar with and love for our first year,

Cheers for shipping quotes macfamily, huge difference!

good luck

Hi, just thought I would say that I don't know which shipping company to look for and on what wedbsite?. we want to take almost everything-apart from car, my brother used Ridgeways 6 years ago. I think we would get all our stuff in a 20 footer? we are moving to south of perth either to Port Kennedy or Secret Harbour -if anyone can tell me if Port Kennedy a good place to settle, i would value your comments. thank you. not moving till 2011.

Guest tramway
Prices have shot up since we where there, but I have searched every rental website and we are looking at about $500-$550 which we are fine with for first year until we decide where we are going to be or afford to be in the surrounding area.

Want to be somewhere we are familiar with and love for our first year,

Cheers for shipping quotes macfamily, huge difference!

good luck

Same here we loved Manly its where we've gone back to say anytime since that we've gone over but I take its a weekly rate, prices really have shot up, think we'll have to move inland a little bit not hopefully not too far from the sea.

Archived